Apple to buy Disney
Could Apple buy Disney? 

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/03/1...isney.aspx
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
It doesn’t make a lot of sense. The overwhelming majority of mergers occur between companies in the same business. A big part of the logic is that with similar core competencies, the larger organization can cut costs and operate more efficiently than the two could separately. In this case, however, you have two companies in fundamentally different businesses. Post merger synergies are far less obvious.

Since both companies are publicly traded, both sets of shareholders would have to approve any deal. That would be extremely difficult with an outside the box merger like this.

Could Apple put together a large enough pile of capital to buy Disney? Probably. Would they want to? I don’t see it.
Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and grows again.

I don't have any humble opinions.
I dunno. Disney might become a cheap buy after this Covid-19 crisis.

So Apple is a communications technology company (mostly, in my opinion). There have been (unsuccessful) communications and media mergers in the past. The most recent example is Verizon acquiring Yahoo, AOL, and I think one other media company. They take huge writedowns.

And AOL merged with Time-Warner about 20 years ago (which proved to be a disaster).

That said, mobile phone users are looking for new content. Apple could jumpstart a media venture by purchasing a company like Disney, which has a huge library of content (TV shows as well as movies). Given the recent launch of Quibi, which produces short content for mobile users as "a network", there might be a market for something like an Apple/Disney merger.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Disney parks closures badlands 2 85 March 24th, 2020, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Walt Disney, Dr. Seuss, and Maurice Sendak racist? badlands 3 634 December 3rd, 2019, 09:25 PM
  Walt Disney: a racist and anti-Jew? badlands 5 356 January 17th, 2019, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Netflix vs Disney streaming badlands 1 228 January 13th, 2019, 04:55 PM
  Does Disney parks need more coaster rides? badlands 1 257 August 14th, 2018, 11:43 PM
  What makes a good comic/Disney villain? badlands 0 258 July 9th, 2018, 03:39 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Death of Disney attraction badlands 5 727 October 25th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Last Post: august
  Disney treats for Halloween badlands 0 588 October 20th, 2017, 11:53 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Should old Disney channel/ Old Cartoons be made into live action or Adult swim cartoons? badlands 1 504 September 15th, 2017, 09:12 PM
  Dreamworks and Disney splitville badlands 1 291 September 12th, 2015, 02:07 PM