One Season TV Series?
New to this forum and looking for the name of a one season only tv series show. It was based on a space ship that traveled thru the galaxy and when it got close to a planet that would support life it stopped, Once it stopped, a count down clock started and when time ran out the ship left. It was on tv sometime in the late 2000's I think. There was a small number of people onboard and they eventually ended up divide about who was in charge. My wife and I enjoyed this show and have been trying to find out the name of it so we can try and see if it is available anywhere to watch. 
Dont remember a whole lot more about it, I think the people onboard were divided into two groups and fought for control. The ship would stop at planets and some would go to the surface. They found life on some planets and I think some of the alien life ended up on board. If you missed the count down the ship would leave without you and I believe one of the main characters was left and somehow managed to make it to the next planet and reboard the ship.
If anyone knows the name of this series it would be awesome cause my wife and I have been driving ourselves crazy the last couple years searching the internet.
(February 19th, 2020, 09:00 PM)Randy2020/ Wrote: New to this forum and looking for the name of a one season only tv series show. It was based on a space ship that traveled thru the galaxy and when it got close to a planet that would support life it stopped, Once it stopped, a count down clock started and when time ran out the ship left. It was on tv sometime in the late 2000's I think. There was a small number of people onboard and they eventually ended up divide about who was in charge. My wife and I enjoyed this show and have been trying to find out the name of it so we can try and see if it is available anywhere to watch. 
Dont remember a whole lot more about it, I think the people onboard were divided into two groups and fought for control. The ship would stop at planets and some would go to the surface. They found life on some planets and I think some of the alien life ended up on board. If you missed the count down the ship would leave without you and I believe one of the main characters was left and somehow managed to make it to the next planet and reboard the ship.
If anyone knows the name of this series it would be awesome cause my wife and I have been driving ourselves crazy the last couple years searching the internet.

Not ringing any bells off the top of my head. Were you watching this in the US?
I think you're remembering Stargate: Universe, which lasted for 2 seasons before MGM's financial collapse brought the Stargate franchise to a crashing halt.
(February 24th, 2020, 04:36 PM)Michael Wrote: I think you're remembering Stargate: Universe, which lasted for 2 seasons before MGM's financial collapse brought the Stargate franchise to a crashing halt.

Sadly, that wasn't the end of it. Stargate: Origins was the final nail in the coffin.
You just had to remind us ...
Yes it was in the US and no not Stargate. This was a one season only series unless it went to a different network or to amazon prime. Wish I could remember more. We kept watching for it to come out with 2nd season but never saw it. Well thanks for at least replying. I will keep digging and if I find it let you guys know.
Well, the only show I can think of and find that matches your description is Stargate: Universe. It's the third live-action Stargate TV show. It lasted 2 seasons.

Robert Carlyle played Dr. Nicholas Rush, a scientist leading up a special project to unlock the 9th chevron. Louis Ferreira played Colonel Everett Young, who was in charge of the off-world base where the project was conducted. The Lucian Alliance found out about the project and attacked the base, forcing its evacuation.

Colonel Young ordered his people to open the Stargate so the base could evacuate to Earth. Dr. Rush override that order, insisting that they try the just-decoded 9th chevron address because he knew they would never get another chance.

The wormhole opened and the base personnel evacuated through it just before the entire "Icarus planet" blew up (it had to be destroyed to generate enough power for the wormhole).

The base survivors found themselves on a very old starship the Ancients (makers of the stargates) had sent out hundreds of thousands of years before. It and a fleet of seed ships had been charting thousands of galaxies, and dropping off stargates on worlds that could support Earth-like life.

The ships were following pre-programmed flight paths and could only stay in proximity for of any one planet for a short time.

Dr. Rush and Colonel Young clashed with each other over how to manage the expedition. They eventually got into a real fist-fight on one of the planets. Young left Rush behind. Rush unlocked a damaged alien ship they had found and used it to try to catch up with the Destiny (the Ancients' exploration ship). He was eventually reunited with Destiny but not through a stargate.

On the other hand, there was another story arc (and this could have been in the second season) where several characters were left behind on a planet. They had to choose between two directions in which to dial out through the stargate. They chose the wrong direction and had to race back the other way in order to catch up with Destiny.

You can watch the show on Amazon Prime (for now - they periodically change what is included in a Prime membership). At the very least that will let you confirm it's not the show you're thinking of.

Another possibility (less likely, in my opinion), would be Ron Moore's reboot of Battlestar Galactica. There were a couple of characters who were left behind on Caprica in the mini-series that started the reboot.

When the show was green-lighted to be a regular series those characters were able to reunite with the Galactica. But the show ran for 4 seasons and it was a mid-2000s show. Much of the drama focused on the struggle for control between Commander Adama (Edward James Olmos) and President Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell). There were also conflicts among their enemies, the Cylons. Whenever they stopped at a planet they had only a limited amount of time before the Cylons showed up.

Firefly was another early-to-mid-2000s show. It lasted for only 1 season but also got a follow up movie that told the story that would have been followed in the 2nd season. Although there was no conflict about who would control the ship (it was firmly under the control of Captain Malcolm Reynolds, played by Nathan Fillion, he was in conflict with everyone and people were occasionally separated from the ship. I don't believe there were any countdowns.

I cannot think of any other shows I've seen that even come close to your description. I looked for 1-season shows that might match and couldn't find anything obvious but there have been a lot of them. If it's not one of the shows above then it's a show I haven't seen.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stargirl, Season 2 Michael 0 295 October 27th, 2021, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Transformers 1980’s series badlands 0 440 October 2nd, 2020, 10:22 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Ark II Filmation series badlands 1 653 April 13th, 2020, 10:29 PM
  Video: Trailer for 12th season of "Doctor Who" Michael 1 656 December 17th, 2019, 11:44 PM
  New Battlestar Galactica Series in development Boomstick 2 1,492 September 29th, 2019, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Transformers live action Tv 📺 series badlands 1 892 September 5th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Rebooting the Hardy boys and Nancy Drew tv series badlands 4 938 May 22nd, 2019, 10:50 AM
  TV series based on anime called GoblinSlayer badlands 0 586 May 21st, 2019, 01:41 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Video: Trailer for "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." season 6 Michael 0 657 January 28th, 2019, 09:42 PM
  Horror games as TV series badlands 1 613 January 15th, 2019, 02:40 PM