Star Trek anomalies
As I have no interest in either Star Trek: Discovery or Star Trek: Picard I'm at a disadvantage compared to anyone who may have seen explanations of these things in those shows.

I was inspired to remember a question that has always bugged me by this video.

Watch Why Didn't Voyager Use The Wormhole? from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

Why Didn't Voyager Use The Wormhole?

Here "the wormhole" refers to the Bajoran wormhole that led to the Gamma Quadrant (and the Dominion). Well, the video goes into all that and I'm not going to cover that ground.

What has always bugged me is how Voyager supposedly needed 70 years to cross the galaxy but the original Enterprise only needed days or weeks to get to the outer edge of the galaxy (it did so twice). And then the second Enterprise went to the center of the galaxy in a comparable time in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.

It just seems like the starships traveled more slowly as time went on.
Here is another video from the same YouTuber (Certifiably Ingame).

Watch Where Does VOYAGER Get Its SHUTTLES? from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

Where Does VOYAGER Get Its SHUTTLES?

He comes to what I feel is a reasonable conclusion but I had always assumed they were rebuilding their shuttlecraft as they went along. I disagree with the skepticism he expresses about how an Intrepid class starship would have the resources necessary to replace these kinds of parts.

The starships are expected to go just about anywhere and they have no idea of what will happen to them there. They all need to be as self-sufficient as possible. If it's possible to install an industrial replicator on a ship like Voyager I think the Federation ship designers would do that.
(February 14th, 2020, 01:01 AM)Michael Wrote: What has always bugged me is how Voyager supposedly needed 70 years to cross the galaxy but the original Enterprise only needed days or weeks to get to the outer edge of the galaxy (it did so twice). And then the second Enterprise went to the center of the galaxy in a comparable time in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.

Your examples are good ones, and do amount to continuity errors. As to the wormhole, I didn't watch the video, but Voyager was in the Delta quadrant, not the Gamma quadrant. So they wouldn't have had access to the Bajoran wormhole. If I remember correctly there were episodes that discussed using wormholes to cut some time off their trip. They may have even used one, but it's been 20 years, and my memory isn't too clear on it.

As to the shuttles, I think it was implied that they were collecting raw materials that they needed to run the replicators and such when they made their various stops at planets.
There was another wormhole, one where 3 Ferengi vanished in a TNG episode (I think) and were brought back in a Voyager episode.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Star Trek movie ? Star Trekk Picard Irene 5 130 February 24th, 2020, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Video: Star Trek fan film, "The Holy Core" Michael 0 79 February 14th, 2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Star Trek: The Motion Picture in cinemas Sept 15 & 18, 2019 Boomstick 3 352 September 21st, 2019, 03:48 PM
  "Star Trek: Picard" (the title?) trailer released august 10 868 July 24th, 2019, 01:53 PM
Last Post: august
  New animated Trek series on Nickelodeon august 1 223 April 30th, 2019, 04:29 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Star Trek cancelled? badlands 17 7,008 April 1st, 2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: manfromatlantis
  ANOTHER Star Trek Show in Development-This one for Nickelodeon Boomstick 9 405 February 28th, 2019, 01:35 PM
  Star Trek: Discovery Discussion - Spoilers Contained Herein :O august 9 877 February 27th, 2019, 02:45 PM
  New Star Trek Series in 2017 Boomstick 48 2,331 February 18th, 2019, 12:30 AM
  No 4th Trek film, but 3rd Trek series announced! august 2 205 January 15th, 2019, 07:41 PM