Help me choose YA Sci-Fi Book Cover
Thumbs Up 
hey guys, i'm working with my editorial and publishing team on the cover for Cynetic Wolf, my upcoming post-gene-editing dystopian YA novel. i'd love to get your feedback on two of the designs i'm working with

which (if either) would get you to read through to the description or buy the book?

here's the blurb for the book btw, to give you context:

Life sucked until cyborgs murdered his sister. Then things got interesting: hit squads, cybernetic powers, secrets better left unsaid.

Raek’s your average sixteen-year-old wolfish: claws, keen eyes, no future, and a nose for trouble… There’s just one thing: he’s got built-in blasters and is a threat to the immortal world government and its rigid caste system which enslaves his fellow hybrids. And that’s why the Resistance wants him, and the cyborgs want him dead.

With only the advice of a half-human professor and the help of a fragmented Resistance, Raek must navigate crushing betrayal, self-doubt, and a limitless enemy whose evil knows no bounds.

The fate of mankind may rest in his hands.

NOTE: Obviously cover two has watermarks now but wouldn't if I chose that design.

[Image: ZROmJbu.jpg]

[Image: ECFG7YJ.jpg]

thanks a ton for the super helpful feedback. it is always hard when you are so close to a project to be objective

and if you're interested, you can grab the 1st five chapters free here, before it's released

cheers and happy nerding undefined

matt

mattwardwrites.com: writer and lover of sci-fi and speculative fiction.
I prefer the first cover, myself.
As do I.

If you haven't chosen as yet - choose pretty and bright.

Note: Make sure that the spine has night bright colors, with readable type, as that is often the only part of the book we book buyers can see.
Irene

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Which cover do you like more [A/B]? CrashDumpThebook 0 18 March 7th, 2020, 10:41 PM
Last Post: CrashDumpThebook
  Recommendation on a supernatural fiction book james rabbit 2 172 September 30th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Agaricus
  Banned books and the most banned book in the world and history: The Bible badlands 0 392 April 17th, 2017, 10:10 PM
Last Post: badlands
  After 21 years, internet trolls finally make the cover of Time Magazine august 4 436 September 3rd, 2016, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  comic book and voice actors museum badlands 1 265 November 21st, 2013, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Book Titles Coconut Ent 2 389 May 27th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Coconut Ent
  Comic book industry suffering from the Great Recession Michael 6 603 January 21st, 2009, 04:34 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Comic Book artist Michael Turner dies Boomstick 2 431 July 9th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Wrote my own book of Bilingual-Vulcan 2 500 February 14th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Last Post: shadowfax
  Kidman book vows to tell all Stripe 0 459 September 29th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Stripe