New Star Trek movie ? Star Trekk Picard
At today's movie there was a trailer for a new Star Trek Movie. Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frankes, Jeri Ryan and a flash of Brent Spiner

??? Early this year?   January 23 ?
Irene
(January 1st, 2020, 03:24 PM)Irene Wrote: At today's movie there was a trailer for a new Star Trek Movie. Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frankes, Jeri Ryan and a flash of Brent Spiner

??? Early this year?   January 23 ?

This is the new Star Trek: Picard series that will be airing on CBS All Access (yes, another stand-alone paid streaming service). I'm really hoping they did a good job with it. We will soon know.
Oh. Sadly I'm not doing "streaming", so I suppose that I won't be watching.
Irene
I only pay Amazon for streaming and that is only because we're Prime members. If it's not included in my Prime membership I don't pay for it.

Frankly, I think "cord cutting" and online streaming are WAY overrated - oversold to be sure. They are too expensive and too unstable to be feasible long-term options.
(January 6th, 2020, 02:05 PM)Michael Wrote: I only pay Amazon for streaming and that is only because we're Prime members. If it's not included in my Prime membership I don't pay for it.

Frankly, I think "cord cutting" and online streaming are WAY overrated - oversold to be sure. They are too expensive and too unstable to be feasible long-term options.

It's expensive, and they seldom produce anything I'm interested in. I reactivated my Netflix account last year just to watch The Highwaymen, and shut it right back off before I got billed for more than a month. I have Amazon Prime Video now, just because I've been watching Babylon 5 on it. I was going to pick up CBS All Access long enough to watch Picard, but Patrick Stewart's rambling has scared me off, and I'll probably wait for reviews before I dive in.
Sadly, from what I've been reading an hearing of Picard, it's about as much Star Trek as Discovery is. I really have no interest in it, and it's too bad that they're just destroying the legacy of the franchise by making it into another cynical, dystopian scenario.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video - History of Star Trek Michael 0 109 July 25th, 2020, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Star Trek video/ computer games badlands 4 302 July 23rd, 2020, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Mary Sue character in Star Trek badlands 13 182 June 29th, 2020, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  New Animated Star Trek badlands 3 181 June 8th, 2020, 12:00 PM
Last Post: aaronbossig
  In Defense of Star Trek: Enterprise Michael 4 172 May 5th, 2020, 10:38 PM
  Star Trek anomalies Michael 3 403 February 24th, 2020, 04:35 PM
  Video: Star Trek fan film, "The Holy Core" Michael 0 168 February 14th, 2020, 10:48 PM
  Star Trek: The Motion Picture in cinemas Sept 15 & 18, 2019 Boomstick 3 478 September 21st, 2019, 03:48 PM
Big Grin Speaking of the Borg on the new Picard series... august 1 270 September 5th, 2019, 07:21 PM
  "Star Trek: Picard" (the title?) trailer released august 10 1,118 July 24th, 2019, 01:53 PM
Last Post: august