René Auberjonois has died at age 79
Best known to science fiction fans for playing Odo on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, René Auberjonois died at his home earlier today from metastatic lung cancer.

You can read the full article here.

I followed him on Twitter and though didn't see him Tweet much he was always open to the fans.

I thought he a was great actor. His last project, named Cortex, is still in post-production. He did voice acting as well as live acting. He can be heard in a couple of episodes of Avengers Assemble as Ebony Maw.

He also guest-starred on several episodes of Warehouse 13 as recurring character Hugo Miller.

He a very long list of credits you can browse at IMDB.
I was shocked when I heard this out of this blue this morning on one of the local radio morning shows. I really liked him as Odo, and was always happy when I'd see him pop up in a guest appearance somewhere. His career is extremely impressive, and surely rates among the best of all the Trek actors. He'll be missed, for sure.

I recall he and Nana Visitor did voice work for Star Trek video game that never saw release. Hopefully that's released in some capacity one day, if only for the enjoyment it would bring to a few fans.
May he Rest In Peace.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
Even without makeup he had rather distinctive features, and I recall him from countless ABC made-for-tv films in the 70's, including a swashbuckler called "Panache! "
August - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adam West has died FilmGuy 2 308 June 21st, 2017, 05:33 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Richard Hatch has died at age 71 Michael 3 268 April 8th, 2017, 11:59 PM
Last Post: badlands
  John Hurt has died Boomstick 5 266 February 7th, 2017, 03:16 PM
  Jon Polito has died Boomstick 3 291 October 3rd, 2016, 08:09 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Christopher Lee has died Agaricus 1 270 June 13th, 2015, 11:18 AM
  Legendary Hollywood Stuntmaster Bob Anderson Has Died Michael 0 433 January 4th, 2012, 01:43 PM