Video: Trailer for "Mulan" (live action)
Yifei Liu stars as Mulan in the upcoming live action adaptation of the classic Disney animated film. It looks like a new character has been introduced to the story.

Watch Trailer for live action "Mulan" from Disney from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

Mulan will be released to theaters in March 2020.

Other actors in the film include Donnie Chen (known for Ip Man and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story), Jet Li, Li Gong, and Jason Scott Lee.

This looks like a high-quality production and I'm looking forward to seeing it.
I saw the trailer yesterday.  Looks like a couple of new characters, and using the same story as the Mulan animated movie, allows for re-edit of a script, and a new movie with the Chinese "wire work" type acrobatics. 

I'm not sure that I am going to see this one.
Irene
I really enjoyed the live-action "Beauty and the Beast" and "Aladdin" remakes. They followed the original animated films closely but added new characters and sub-plots. I thought they did a brilliant job.

I don't know if there is a Kevin Feige-like power behind these live-action adaptations but so far they seem to be working. I did not see "Cinderella", which I think followed the same formula.

I was always fascinated by the idea of taking animated films and turning them into live-action movies. So maybe I'm a little more open-minded about the practice.

Then again, I also liked Turner's colorized films and "The Phantom Menace" is still my choice for best Star Wars movie. So I realize my tastes are a little eclectic for some people.
Maybe yes. Maybe no. I'm not sure. But the trailer … well I just didn't see the plot of the Animated version. This was more the intro to CROUCHING TIGER.

I've got a time before it actually comes out.
Irene

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advertisement & Trailer for ONWARD Irene 1 9 March 3rd, 2020, 06:41 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Video: Trailer 2 for 'live' action "Lady and the Tramp" Michael 0 102 October 21st, 2019, 10:41 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: Trailer for "Frozen II" Michael 0 80 October 21st, 2019, 10:36 AM
  Live action Mickey Mouse movie? badlands 2 361 August 15th, 2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: diegoarismendi
  The new Pixar trailer : Onward badlands 0 127 June 1st, 2019, 02:05 AM
  Song of the South live action reboot badlands 3 221 May 13th, 2019, 12:52 AM
  Video: Will Smith introduces trailer for "Aladdin" Michael 0 187 March 24th, 2019, 06:32 PM
  Live action reboots casting badlands 0 152 March 10th, 2019, 11:20 PM
  An animated movie about wild animals who live on the border badlands 3 230 January 15th, 2019, 05:18 PM
  Gargoyles: the live action movie badlands 3 300 November 6th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Last Post: august