It's Done-Done
Hello Kind Folks

Just in case anybody is interested ~

Andre-Norton-Books.com is whole again. Cool

It's only been 3 months (yes 3 months) since we thought for sure we were dead. I just finished updating the last of the pages yesterday. No easy task as there are 1110 individual pages, as of today. ~ I know I am tiered of redoing hyperlinks. That really was a long and tedious thing to do.

So now we go back to searching the web for stuff I don't have. That's a lot more interesting than rebuilding a website that took 15 years to put together. Big Grin
"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
Andre Norton's website - Andre-Norton-Books.com
Congrats! I'm relieved that the site is still going strong.
Now you need to have a (snipe) bug hunt. Because you know there  are still a few links from links that are still wrong. (Old programmers rule: After every fix you need to hunt for stuff that is now broken.)
Irene
Fortunately there are apps that will chase done links and notify me of the ones that don't work. But I will always be chasing down problems. With a site that is 6.9 Gb there is always something wrong. Seems Snipes come in all shapes and sizes.
"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
Congratulations!
(October 11th, 2019, 05:44 PM)Lots-A-Watts Wrote: Hello Kind Folks

Just in case anybody is interested ~

Andre-Norton-Books.com is whole again. Cool

Very good news! I'm sure a lot of people look at it who never post here, and will be able to get accurate information again!
Wow, that's impressive!  Congratulations, and thank you very much for all your diligent efforts.

Jerrie
Let me know if you have any trouble making a current backup of the site. I'll be glad to help.
Michael,

According to the Akeeba Control Panel on my site, there were no problems creating a backup and saving it.

I will need help if I ever have to restore the site. I have read the instructions on how to restore {multiple times} and a fair amount of it is over my head. So yes-sir-ee I will be coming for help if and when I need to use it. From everything I read before I started it, I let Akeeba chose the settings after it analyzed the site, restoring will be just as easy as creating the backup. We shall see. (Hopefully Not!)

MYCode Guide