New Battlestar Galactica Series in development
This is unexpected- according to  The Hollywood Reporter NBC is developing a new Battlestar Galactica series for its new streaming service. 

It's being headed up by a guy named Sam Esmail, who is apparently the creator of the show Mr Robot. They also note that the service will be the 'streaming home' for Ron Moore's BSG series, so I'm guessing that means they'll be pulling it from any other services it's currently on.

There's really no information yet, except that it seems they're going for yet another take on the series. It apparently won't be related to the original or the Ron Moore one.

Guess who the boss who oversees the streaming service is? None other than our old buddy Bonnie Hammer! Ah, the good old days! I remember when people here were complaining that she was ruining the Sci-Fi Channel, and blaming her for the demise of Farscape. Big Grin
I don't have a link but I read about a week ago that this is set in the same universe as the Ron Moore version. it's not a reboot.
(September 28th, 2019, 06:09 PM)Michael Wrote: I don't have a link but I read about a week ago that this is set in the same universe as the Ron Moore version. it's not a reboot.

The Hollywood Reporter piece quotes a tweet from the show runner saying the following:

Quote:"BSG fans, this will NOT be a remake of the amazing series @RonDMoore launched because ... why mess with perfection? Instead, we’ll explore a new story within the mythology while staying true to the spirit of Battlestar. So say we all!"

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Unless it's a low budget production, I'm guessing it will be several years before we see this thing, if it ends up even being made at all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transformers live action Tv 📺 series badlands 1 138 September 5th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Rebooting the Hardy boys and Nancy Drew tv series badlands 4 154 May 22nd, 2019, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Michael
  TV series based on anime called GoblinSlayer badlands 0 75 May 21st, 2019, 01:41 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Video: Richard Hatch's 1999 trailer for "Battlestar Galactica: Second Coming" Michael 0 152 March 13th, 2019, 11:11 PM
  Horror games as TV series badlands 1 119 January 15th, 2019, 02:40 PM
  Doctor Who Series 11 videos Michael 0 401 September 24th, 2018, 01:01 PM
  Live action G. I Joe or Transformers Series on TV? badlands 1 163 September 22nd, 2018, 10:18 PM
  Live action Avatar series on Netflix badlands 1 117 September 22nd, 2018, 09:55 PM
  Ninjago the LEGO series badlands 1 156 September 1st, 2018, 12:38 PM
  The Avatar : The last Air Bender and Korra animated series badlands 3 152 August 25th, 2018, 12:20 PM