Netflix superheroes
What do you think of superhero shows like Luke Hands, Iron Fist, The Punisher, and others?
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
I don't subscribe to Netflix myself but I have read they compare well to cable TV shows, of which I've seen some. I managed to get through about 2-1/2 episodes of "Supergirl" and watched the whole first season of "Krypton".

Although they have a more contemporary feel than the superhero TV shows of yesteryear (like "The Flash" and "The Incredible Hulk") there is still something about the cable shows that leaves me kind of frustrated. I don't know if that's good enough for commenting on Netflix shows. But what I've always hated about TV adaptations of comic book characters is that the shows tend to talk down to the audience. "Lois & Clark" was sometimes more serious and sometimes goofy.

As a kid I didn't appreciate the goofiness in shows. I wanted my "kid" shows to be more adult-like. Maybe I was just unusual in wanting that. As an adult who likes superheroes I appreciate the way Marvel has handled its Avengers franchise. They've got humor and occasional things for the kids (especially "Iron Man 3") but these are still serious stories (as serious as they can be, given that Thanos looks like a big purple balloon).

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What about these superheroes? badlands 0 267 November 22nd, 2021, 09:50 PM
Last Post: badlands
  What actors would be great superheroes 🦸*♂️ or 🦹*♂️ Villains? badlands 0 383 January 3rd, 2019, 05:01 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Iron Fist on Netflix badlands 2 458 September 13th, 2018, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Mordomin
  The Punisher on Netflix badlands 2 431 September 13th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Mordomin
  Marvel shows on Netflix badlands 1 404 June 16th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  African-American superheroes with South Carolina roots august 2 618 October 30th, 2016, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Video: Superheroes versus Game Heroes FilmGuy 0 507 April 16th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Which actors would make good superheroes or villians? badlands 5 808 March 17th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Michael
  What Superheroes would like to see on the silver screen? badlands 7 803 July 27th, 2014, 07:45 PM
  Are Marvel superheroes taken over Disney and Pixar? badlands 1 573 October 6th, 2013, 11:56 AM