Amazon TV Show Rumors
I'm not sure I want to mix unverified rumors in with our "Amazon Middle-earth TV Show News" so we will post unverified rumors here.

And my first unverified rumor is that a casting call for the show went out in February. The casting call COULD have been for some other production but it stipulated that they were looking for people to play fantastic creatures in a fantasy TV drama. The location was not specified but it's definitely somewhere in the United Kingdom.

The Amazon show will be filmed at a newly opened studio in Leith, Edinburgh. Now I say "newly opened" but it was actually used for filming part of the last "Avengers" movie. The studio was formally opened for business earlier this year.

I have tried to find references to other fantasy TV shows scheduled for production in Scotland. The closest thing I could find is "Outlander" but unless the show is about to change its format radically (a woman from the 20th century travels back and forth in time in Scotland) I don't think this casting call is for that show. Also, it stipulated it was a new show.

They are looking for fair-skinned people and/or people with vitiglio (the skin condition where you lose your pigment) or albinos. I have no other information at this time. The casting call is real as far as I can determine and it appears to be targeted at people in the Edinburgh area but it did not say that. I'm inferring from responses I've seen to the casting call on Facebook.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon Middle-earth TV Show News FilmGuy 18 1,986 June 21st, 2020, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Michael
  "Young Galadriel" cast for new Amazon series Mordomin 7 724 December 26th, 2019, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Jaak
  Video: IMDB Nov 23, 2019 "What We Know So Far" about Amazon LoTROnPrime Michael 0 391 December 19th, 2019, 11:51 PM
  Amazon's Lord of the Rings badlands 1 764 August 28th, 2019, 03:16 PM
  Daily Record Confirms February 2019 Report Amazon will Film LoTROnPrime in Scotland Michael 0 638 April 14th, 2019, 01:38 AM
  A little bit of Amazon LoTRonPrime News from France Michael 0 1,156 April 11th, 2019, 10:28 PM
  Amazon's #LotrOnPrime Is Looking Bizarre Michael 3 778 March 7th, 2019, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  Amazon has finally begun publishing stuff about the new Middle-earth series Michael 2 554 February 22nd, 2019, 11:16 PM
  Amazon's Arwen Problem Michael 10 1,454 August 23rd, 2018, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Mordomin
  JD Payne, Patrick McKay to Develop Amazon Middle-earth Series Michael 10 908 August 10th, 2018, 06:07 PM
Last Post: august