Song of the South live action reboot
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
We've had some discussion on this before, in threads that you started in fact, in 2017 and 2013.

To answer the topic, I don't think there have been millions of people clamoring for a remake (since a reboot would imply a continuing story or series), so no reason for Disney to do so. Assuming you meant "without
bad racist parts."

But as I have noted in the the other threads, there would be a way for someone - perhaps an African-American filmmaker like Jordan Peele - to do a culturally sensitive and accurate depiction of these ancient African
folk tales, and yes, then it would be a great gimmick and box office draw to use live action motion capture to include an all-star cast.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I think Disney is trying to get as far away from "Song of the South" as they possibly can. Recent news articles say they won't be releasing it on their Disney+ streaming service, despite requests from fans that they do.

Disney Fans Complain Company Is ‘Whitewashing’ Its History In Removing ‘Song Of The South’ From Disney+

Disney+ won't include 'Song of the South,' 'Dumbo' Jim Crow scene

Sorry racists, Song of the South won’t make the jump to Disney+

Disney's racist cartoons won't just stay hidden in the vault. But they could be used as a teachable moment.

REPORT: Song of the South Won't Be Available on Disney+

‘Song of the South’ Film to be Omitted From Disney +

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Live action Rescue Rangers movie badlands 1 81 June 21st, 2021, 01:36 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Gargoyles: the live action movie badlands 5 631 March 28th, 2021, 12:12 PM
  Live action version of The wind in the willows badlands 1 165 January 31st, 2021, 12:20 PM
  Haunted Mansion reboot badlands 1 268 August 28th, 2020, 11:43 PM
Smile The sword in the stone reboot badlands 3 440 June 9th, 2020, 11:28 AM
Last Post: aaronbossig
  Live action version of Robin Hood badlands 1 305 April 11th, 2020, 08:14 PM
Last Post: august
  Video: Trailer for "Mulan" (live action) Michael 3 490 December 26th, 2019, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Video: Trailer 2 for 'live' action "Lady and the Tramp" Michael 0 371 October 21st, 2019, 10:41 AM
  Reboot of Inspector Gadget badlands 0 324 October 7th, 2019, 02:25 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Live action Mickey Mouse movie? badlands 2 715 August 15th, 2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: diegoarismendi