Michael's thoughts on "Avengers: Endgame"
I read several reviews before seeing the movie. They all did their best not to spoil anything so I'll try not to spoil anything either. But I'll repeat what others have already said. Although there is no extra scene after the credits, there is a sound. You may want to wait around to listen to it, although many people are already speculating about what it means.

[Image: avengers-endgame-01.jpg]

THE SAD NEWS

You will say good-bye to some beloved characters in this movie. Not all of them has a sad ending. I mean, you'll be sad that they are departing the franchise but you'll be happy with the way some things turn out. And I will be surprised if no one is angry over a couple of turns of events in the movie. You won't expect some of the things that happen.

Given that this movie wraps up a lot of storylines, everyone expects it to be crowded. Honestly, they couldn't wrap them all up. Whether that means certain character arcs will continue into Phase 4 is anyone's guess. Disney/Marvel said they didn't want to share any details about Phase 4 until after this film was released. All we know so far is that Kevin Feige has declared "Spider-man: Far From Home" to be the last Phase 3 film.

You'll also see a couple of new characters in this film. Does that mean they'll appear in Phase 4 movies? I have no freaking idea.

But you'll be able to deduce some interesting things about "Spider-man: Far From Home" by the time you see the final scenes of "Avengers: Endgame". I'm not saying they give away anything, but there is a perfectly good in-movie explanation for why we have learned when "Spider-man: Far From Home" takes place. Is that confusing? Sorry, it must be. I can't spoil the film.

You'll see some old faces that don't look very familiar. You would have to rewatch every movie in the MCU and take notes on who is significant to the story and then compare them to the faces on the screen in this movie to see why they appear when they do. Don't bother. You'll read about who you missed or didn't recognize in after-the-film spoilers. But then you'll go, "Oooh. Yeah, that makes sense."

I will confirm one Internet rumor that has been the talk of the Internet for nigh on a year: there is a time travel aspect to the movie but while it's an important plot point it's not that big a deal. I think one of the actors said as much in the publicity tour. Do they agonize over changing history and bending the timelines and all the usual stuff? Yes. They also poke fun at the way movies and TV shows usually handle time travel. That was clever. I liked that.

I don't remember much about Ronin (Clint Barton, formerly Hawkeye) from the comic books. He was a dark character. Boy is he dark in this movie. I think fans will be pleased with the transition. He goes deep, deep into that persona. Jeremy Renner did a fine job.

This is no one's movie. It is everyone's story. It's hard to bring all the pieces together when you're talking about TRILLIONS of lives (and that point is made in the movie - the audience doesn't have to guess at how big a number of lives were taken).

If you have watched the trailers pretty much all the action they represent occurs early in the movie. They saved the best stuff for last. I swear there were moments where I almost cried. I could hear other people in the theater struggling to hold back tears, too. I heard a few people crying. It's an emotional roller-coaster, make no mistake. If all you have to go on are the trailers, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Speaking of time travel, well, let's just say that even in the MCU nothing ever goes as planned. There are plot twists wrapped around plot twists. You'll finally understand how one recently announced Disney project fits into all this stuff.

One of the cool things, in my opinion, is that the movie opens up possibilities for "Guardians of the Galaxy 3". After all the fuss over James Gunn's unprofessional tweets from (now) 11 years ago (and I don't approve of what he said by any means), Disney has reinstated him. Dave Bautista led the cast revolt against Disney (in the public's eye, at least) and he demanded that Disney at least use Gunn's script. Now I wonder if that script will have to be changed. I don't know. You cannot extrapolate from this movie what would have to be changed in "GotG 3" if anything because of what happens in "Avengers: Endgame". Maybe someone has let slip some clue out there already, but I tried to avoid spoilers for the most part with this film.

I only have one little peeve so far. One character could have done something very differently. I feel strongly that character should have done something differently. But then these writers know ALL these characters and their abilities very well. I accept what they did because of the emotional state of mind of the characters. They don't always make the best or most rational decision. That's been the case in every movie. Only this time around there is not too bad a consequence for what happened.

Ask me about the scene in question after 1-2 weeks, when everyone who wants to see the movie right away has had a chance to. Then we can discuss spoiling topics.

Overall, I will be surprised if anyone is disappointed in this movie. It caps off a major cinematic event even if "Spider-man: Far From Home" really is the technical last chapter. Following these characters has been an incredible experience. When I was growing up and frustrated with the dearth of good science fiction, fantasy, and superhero movies I never imagined anything like this franchise has turned out to be.

It makes my disappointment in the DC cinematic universe all that much deeper. I still haven't seen "Aquaman". I won't go see "Suicide Squad 2". The DC cinematic universe needs to be seriously rebooted from the ground up. But they'll never do the smart thing.

The MCU stands alone. I doubt we'll ever see another franchise like this. I can't wait for Phase 4.
THIS IS A POTENTIALLY SPOILY COMMENT

Regarding the movie "Avengers: Endgame".

Stop now and go away if you don't want to know something before seeing the movie.

You've been warned.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

To view, use your mouse to select the text:
There is a huge gaping paradox in the storyline with no hint of how or whether it will be resolved or explained. In terms of "telling the story" I think everyone will be satisfied. But some people will surely notice what happened and wonder if the movie screwed up or if they missed something.
Something else I just had to share:
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E
Howard the Duck is in Endgame!

Please tell me that is a photoshop! Please please! LOL!

As far as my spoiler goes, it looks like "Doctor Strange" laid some groundwork on explaining what happened. I wonder if Phase 4 will deal with the problem or if they'll just move on.
Michael Wrote:Please tell me that is a photoshop! Please please! LOL!

I don't think so, but next time I see it I will be watching closely for verification!

I wish I knew what you were talking about with the paradox, can you give a hint?
mrt77 Wrote:I don't think so, but next time I see it I will be watching closely for verification!

I wish I knew what you were talking about with the paradox, can you give a hint?

It's all over the entertainment media now. They screwed up the timeline royally. I think this was deliberate, too. It's hard to imagine how it could be otherwise. There were some hints in "Doctor Strange" about just how wildly off the timeline can go. But remember that Doctor Strange looked at millions of "possible" futures in "Avengers: Infinity War". So what does that mean, exactly?
I caught the time paradox too. Others have pointed out that Hulk says that their personal timelines won't change, and the Ancient One showed how alternate timelines will be created if everything isn't put back. So I think that's where this is going - a multiverse.
Sheldon: I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

~ The Big Bang Theory
Well, they have apparently let a new cat out of the bag with the latest trailer for "Spider-man: Far from Home", which has been added to the end of "Avengers: Endgame" after the credits. I won't spoil it for now.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michael's Thoughts on "Thor: Love and Thunder" Michael 0 42 July 22nd, 2022, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Michael's thoughts Michael 0 76 June 26th, 2022, 11:50 PM
  Avengers Endgame - What Happened to Red Skull? Michael 1 578 April 28th, 2020, 08:26 PM
  Avengers Endgame - Interesting Steve Rogers off-screen sub-plots Michael 0 504 April 27th, 2020, 08:13 PM
  Avengers: Endgame - the time travel debate Michael 0 534 April 22nd, 2020, 11:02 PM
  Chris Pratt shares secret forbidden video from "Avengers: Endgame" set Michael 0 505 May 1st, 2019, 01:48 PM
  Video: Entertainment Weekly talks with Avengers cast Michael 0 555 April 10th, 2019, 08:33 PM
  New Marvel clip for "Avengers: Endgame" Michael 1 541 April 10th, 2019, 08:29 PM
  Video: Trailer 2(a) for "Avengers: Endgame" Michael 0 515 March 14th, 2019, 10:34 AM
  Michael's thoughts on "Captain Marvel" Michael 2 690 March 12th, 2019, 10:22 PM