Tolkien the movie
Have any of you guys heard or seen the trailer for this coming soon movie?

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3361792/
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
Well, I can say I've heard about it because I'm a Legion M investor and they own a piece of the action.

Watch 2nd trailer for "Tolkien" starring Nicholas Hoult from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

Watch 1st trailer for "Tolkien" from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

[Image: tolkien-movie-poster.jpg]
I was going to say something more and got a phone call while typing in the above.

Legion M is organizing meetups around the United States. They will give out swag to fans who show up. Unfortunately I don't have any details about where and when or where you look up the meetups. They are organizing them through their own Website and so far have only said they have received 49 proposals. So I've got nothing to link to.

They are also hoping to connect with Tolkien scholars, university professors who teach Tolkien, and others with a creative or teaching interest in Tolkien. I've sent them an email connection to the Chair of the Tolkien Society but so far I haven't seen any announcements from anyone.
A friend of mine who is a big LOTR fan saw it, and was very happy overall. He said they took some liberties, as far as he could tell, but that it was a satisfying film.
Have not seen it yet. Found myself embroiled in a slightly embarrassing situation connected with the movie and lost any real interest in it. This had to do with me introducing Legion M to someone I thought could help promote it right before the Tolkien family came out and publicly disavowed the movie. I apologized to everyone concerned for putting them in an awkward position. Probably embarrassed me 100 times more than them.

Unfortunately, when you're involved in any capacity with Tolkien's legacy, you sometimes find yourself walking eggshells. That is all I will say about it.

I've seen a rumor that a sequel is being discussed but I couldn't tell if someone was making a joke or really sharing some news.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christopher Tolkien passed away this morning Michael 3 845 January 25th, 2020, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Mordomin
  Did Tolkien get some of inspiration for his stories from Japanese myths/ fairytales badlands 2 378 July 13th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Michael
  The Tolkien Family Distances Itself from the "Tolkien" Biopic Michael 4 469 May 11th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Last Post: GamgeeFest
  J.R.R. Tolkien vs Hilaire Belloc Michael 4 527 April 22nd, 2019, 01:24 PM
Last Post: august
  Legion M is organizing fan events for "Tolkien" the Movie Michael 0 311 April 21st, 2019, 09:41 PM
  Marquette University Interviewing Tolkien Fans for Archive Michael 0 410 March 25th, 2019, 10:29 AM
  Nicholas Hoult will star in J.R.R. Tolkien Biopic Michael 4 755 February 4th, 2019, 02:51 PM
Last Post: august
  Tolkien’s life in South Africa badlands 1 229 January 28th, 2019, 08:02 PM
  New Peter Jackson movie: Mortal Engines badlands 4 331 August 25th, 2018, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Newsweek special about Tolkien badlands 1 239 August 22nd, 2018, 04:34 PM