The Book of Revelations as an animated film
Would that be a good idea or blasphemy?
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
Someone is always going to find blasphemy somewhere, but the world largely ignores it. For a short film to be shown in churches and Sunday School classes, that might be a perfectly decent idea.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I could swear I saw an animated film based on the Revelation when I was still in school, but I might be misremembering something else. There were a number of religious films about it, or at least films that were promoted through churches and church schools. One was called, I think, "Left Behind". A friend of mine saw it and described it to me. It was rather depressing and creepy (intentionally).
Yep, those were a series of books, I think, and they made films based on some of them? I think maybe Kirk Cameron was in one or more, and possibly was a producer too. But those were modern thrillers, I gather,
examining what might happen if the Rapture took place.

And yep, I think I too may have seen some kind of short animated documentary, possibly in Sunday school, that depicted the imagery of Revelation, and then explained it.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Although, again, I think what the original post is about concerns the idea of depicting the events that are described in the Book of Revelation in animated form. Not any modern day fulfillment of those visions,
but just an elderly man having a vision in the 1st century AD...the end. Smile
And of course there are some YouTube videos that purport to animate the book. I haven't watched these and I would not necessarily agree with all the interpretations. But I guess I'm a little surprised, but not surprised, to see so many adaptations.

Watch The Book Of Revelation Animated Full Movie - King James Bible from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

The Book Of Revelation Animated Full Movie - King James Bible
Uploaded to YouTube: February 18, 2016

Watch THE BOOK OF REVELATION AWESOME EFFECTS! from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

THE BOOK OF REVELATION AWESOME EFFECTS!
Uploaded to YouTube: October 21, 2016

These are just a couple of examples of movies I found. What disappoints me most is that the King James Version is used as the guiding text. Now, while there is no copyright protection for the KJV, it's a very bad translation of the Biblical texts for modern readers. There are better translations available. Also, the use of archaic English makes many of these verses difficult to understand (unnecessarily so) and modern readers don't have a reliable cultural frame of reference for many of the things described.

This is a difficult book to understand even when you use a modern English translation, but I think people who are interested in Revelation should consider using the New International Version or a comparable text for study.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has quality of film making gone down? Yalmuk 2 319 July 14th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Is it true that there will a movie based on the Redwall author’s book? badlands 1 297 May 16th, 2022, 01:37 PM
  Video: Trailer for independent film "Iron Sky" Michael 6 1,840 March 19th, 2022, 03:25 PM
  Will we see the return of the small budget science fiction film? hour_25mikehodel 4 435 February 23rd, 2022, 09:24 PM
Photo Ali Pourahmad directed an amazing sci fi film called Aliens Reaction scifilover 0 1,485 December 27th, 2020, 05:56 AM
Last Post: scifilover
  1905 Film Colorized and Smoothed in 2020 Michael 0 502 November 26th, 2020, 04:59 PM
  Spielberg to make a Armenian genocide film badlands 2 869 May 4th, 2020, 03:51 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Film Director of Boyz and hood and Poetic Justice dies: John Singleton badlands 0 628 April 30th, 2019, 04:35 PM
  Film Director, Writer Larry Cohen has died Michael 1 902 April 14th, 2019, 08:25 PM
  Another book adaptation for the author of Diary of the Wimpy Kid? badlands 0 402 January 17th, 2019, 11:59 PM