What good historical roles can you think of for black actors?
How about Lance Gross or Danny Glover for this old church founder? Athanasius, The Black dwarf?

https://www.christianitytoday.com/histor...asius.html
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
I'm not familiar with Lance Gross but I'll assume he's a perfectly fine actor. Athanasius was an interesting man but maybe a secular story would be a better film to consider. A lot of African leaders are mentioned in historical narratives but they don't feature prominently in European literature. What I think would be interesting is a series of movies that promote some of those nearly unknown historical figures into modern film canon. While I'm sure the writers would have to take liberties with the characters' individual stories, they could still build in a lot of detail consistent with what is known about those times and cultures.
Lance Gross seems to have done a lot of Tyler Perry films and shows in recent years. Not sure how many church father films are likely to be made for anything but a limited, faith-based audience these days.

Not that it matters, but technically I think he was Egyptian. Not that anyone cared about ethnicity in those days.

I think there are plenty of historical figures whose lives would make awesome films - Frederick Douglass comes to mind. And while almost nothing is kown about him, I'd love to see a historical fiction work based on Crispus Attucks, who was killed in the Boston Massacre.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for Actors in all the (wrong TV) places Irene 3 433 December 12th, 2021, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Actors that need a comeback badlands 1 493 January 31st, 2021, 12:19 PM
  Which actors do you believe were wrongly casts in roles? badlands 2 772 January 13th, 2019, 04:47 PM
  Asian actors badlands 1 687 November 22nd, 2018, 12:20 PM
  Child actors badlands 2 743 November 6th, 2018, 10:26 AM
Last Post: august
  What actors would make good Biblical characters? badlands 3 859 April 10th, 2018, 11:32 AM
  Actors you think would make great voice actors badlands 1 661 March 13th, 2018, 11:34 AM
  Historical roles that would like to see your favorite actors in? badlands 0 648 February 22nd, 2018, 01:16 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Comic movie roles that might suit Idris Elba. badlands 1 735 February 20th, 2018, 12:14 PM
  What would be good roles for Dwight Johnson The Rock ? badlands 1 805 February 20th, 2018, 12:12 PM