Costume Convention
I went to one day of Costume Con Saturday 3/23. This year it was just north of Boston MA. I had a lovely time, but it was almost curtailed.

It is SPRING

Luckily I slept late-ish & listened to the news. The highway 8 miles east-northeast of here was closed due to Trucks not making the grade due to a layer of ice + 6 inches of snow... I got on the computer and (the highway was reopened - but still "orange" on the maps) Driving Due north, and then due east took me on an alternate route. An extra half hour, but NO SNOW, and no stress.

At costume con, I attended a presentation (actually a workshop) on blind hem stitching, and on re-creating a 1870's dress - with emphasis on the research & methods used in the original.

There was a 40+ presentation costume competition with nary a bad costume in the bunch. In fact the only one that was not done well, just had to many people on the stage, and was just too hard to see (a Bollywood wedding?). There was a marvelous couple of Harry Potter recreations, and some very good stage presentations.

I got rid of a bag of T-shirt scraps from a quilt and a bag of sewing items that I don't need - like some patterns & some trims. Only acquired a couple of red beads & some antique sewing machine bobbins. Oh yes and a small skein of brown wool for my Mom's senior knitting club. [From the swap & sale.]

This was a very nice day. Capped with my doing some research for the woman re-creating the 1970's dress to find the sewing attachment for her to add braid to the dress.
Irene

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Wars & Harry Potter - not a convention Irene 3 189 June 5th, 2019, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Arisia Convention (Boston) changing hotels Irene 0 292 November 18th, 2018, 10:44 AM
  World Science Fiction Convention 2019: Dublin Ireland Irene 0 122 November 3rd, 2018, 01:34 PM
  Video: "Inner Light" panel from Star Trek 2017 convention FilmGuy 0 337 November 11th, 2017, 12:29 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Video: Lana Parilla panel at 2017 New Jersey OUAT Convention FilmGuy 0 195 November 11th, 2017, 12:09 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  World Science Fiction Convention - Helsinki Finland Irene 5 545 August 28th, 2017, 03:56 PM
  80's toys convention about G. I Joe badlands 1 263 April 29th, 2017, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Michael
  The next convention Boskone - Boston, Mass. Irene 5 358 February 21st, 2017, 10:25 AM
  Dis epo convention badlands 2 384 August 22nd, 2015, 03:19 PM
Last Post: badlands