Mutant Bar Blues - Now Open !
I've just been over at the Barscape, and I think it's an excellent idea.

We need our own Cleo bar!
So I'm starting to build one right now.

In the meantime, first round is on me - so far I've only got Mesh, Hurricane and Volcano. So come in, sit down wherever you can and have a drink.:bg:

I suggest a bar name competition. Post your bar name, and I'll make a poll when we have something to choose from.

--Darkamber
Please note it is up to the forums moderator to allow or not allow a bar type thread in their designated forum so before starting one I suggest you wait and ask the moderator for permission.

Im sure august will be checking in very shortly

Thank you
Stripe
[SIZE="2"]The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams[/SIZE]
Exactly what is a "bar"? All I know is that the "Barscape" seems to have tons of posts all the time.
Quote:Originally posted by Stripe
Please note it is up to the forums moderator to allow or not allow a bar type thread in their designated forum so before starting one I suggest you wait and ask the moderator for permission.

Oh! Blush
I had no idea this was something which had to be approved by a moderator. I just thought it was a thread where the fans could post things not directly connected to the forum - a place to hang out.
What is the special thing about a bar thread, then?

--Darkamber
Hey! How come I'm suddenly a junior member? I may be getting old, but I haven't yet started counting the years from 1 again...
:laugh:
Ok the main reason is that a 'bar' or a chit chat thread also requires moderation by the forums mods and it can fill up very quickly with day to day chat and the like ...that is no problem in itsellf as each thread will be closed at 500 posts and a new one opened to help with our archival needs and also so it is not daunting to new members who may think twice about having to scroll through hundreds of posts.

However all our mods are volunteers and it takes a lot of time for them to scroll through post after post of stuff not related to the forum and some moderate on more than one forum...this is why it is up to that mod to decide if they have the time.

You are always welcome to ask however if the mod says no any type of thread like that will be closed.

There is nothing preventing you from chatting in any of the other 'bars' around the forum....but not all forums have one, we do have to be fair to our mods and Admins.

I hope this explains it a little more for you.

Cheers
Stripe
[SIZE="2"]The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams[/SIZE]
Quote:Originally posted by Darkamber
Hey! How come I'm suddenly a junior member? I may be getting old, but I haven't yet started counting the years from 1 again...
:laugh:

LOL its just our default titles now activated ...when you have 100 you will change..

Cheers
Stripe
Thanx for the explanation, Stripe.
Yes, I can see a thread like that would mean a lot of work for the moderator. I hadn't considered that... Blush

--Darkamber
Quote:Thanx for the explanation, Stripe.
Yes, I can see a thread like that would mean a lot of work for the moderator. I hadn't considered that

You are welcome ....but please by all means ask august once he checks in and see how he feels about it.

Cheers
Stripe
I think *any*thing that generates some activity and discussion here is worth doing. We have had a long tradition of no arguments, no problems, and peace and goodwill to all since day one. That along with a minimal visitor base makes a bar thread easy to moderate.

So let's go for it. :bg:

I vote for the thread to be called "Mutant Bar Blues."

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Sounds great! I'm at a loss for a name though, so it's all good with me!
Quote:Originally posted by august
I vote for the thread to be called "Mutant Bar Blues."

Yeah! Excellent name! :bg:
Let's do it! :bounce:

I was so excited the forum was back online yesterday I bounced all over the place! Maybe a bit more than I should have...?

--Darkamber
Mutant Bar Blues sounds great to me. Are there any other folks that post on the Cleo boards? Seems to be just us three so far!
August, would you do the honour of opening the bar? Smile

There must be others lurking here at least, if you look at the view rating of the threads.
Unlurk, guys! Smile

--Darkamber
Consider the bar now open, with the change of thread names! :bg:

Hiya, tall, dark and gothsome - lemme buy ya a drink! :devil: :wicked: :leech:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Consider the bar now open, with the change of thread names! :bg:

Wheeee! :bounce:
Quote:
Hiya, tall, dark and gothsome - lemme buy ya a drink! :devil: :wicked: :leech:

Bring it on, babe! I'll drink you under the table! :wicked:

--Darkamber
*Adopting a Bruce-Campbell-as-Autolycus voice from "Hercules Tramps and Thieves" * How 'bout a horizontal mambo on the rocks?

*Adopting a Bruce-Campbell-as-Autolycus voice from "Hercules Tramps and Thieves" * How 'bout a horizontal mambo on the rocks?

*Speaking in the voice of Traci-Lords-as-Luscious-Deluxe*
Only if I can be... on top of things, dahling. :wicked:

--Darkamber
Hey ...nice place ...love the decor ...enjoy:bg:

Cheers
Stripe
So we're officially off and running with our own bar, huh? Great!

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mutant Bar Blues 3.0 - The New Breed august 272 35,523 September 1st, 2018, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Michael
  The Grudge 2 (3rd Ghost House film in a row to open at #1) on F/X 10/26 + 10/27 august 23 3,659 April 5th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Last Post: august
  origin for the "mutant bar blues" scene on VH1, Sat. 8/8 @ 4 and 11 PM august 7 1,700 August 2nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
  Mutant Bar Blues - v.2 - Always Open! Darkamber 508 34,755 November 12th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Stripe
  Treehouse/Lounge/Drunken Pig Tavern now open! Sparkle 380 22,022 March 9th, 2006, 09:03 PM
  Cleopets...I mean neopets guild is open!! Antha 9 1,649 April 15th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Antha
  Cleo 2525 and Mutant X on DVD.... CorXena 8 1,038 April 26th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Last Post: CorXena