Mutant Bar Blues - Now Open !
Quote:Originally posted by Leeneh
And... uhm... can you believe it I've actually never seen a single episode of the show...?

Don't worry! Next time you come and visit (which I hope will be soon?!), I'll forcefeed you Cleo episodes, since I have all of them on tape! :bg:

He, he, another potential victim for my "convert to a Cleonite" scheme.
Quote:Originally posted by Darkamber
Btw, Boomstick, that line you have over your av (Go, go, Godzilla) reminds me of this pun I once read in a comic book about a samurai bunny. The samurai bunny one day meets a huge lizzard, who can only say "Zilla!". Zilla saves the samurai bunny from some enemies. Bunny is very impressed and asks: "Are you a God, Zilla?"
:tongue:

Ha ha ha! Very funny! Yeah, it's a line from a Blue Oyster Cult song! It goes:

Oh no
They say he's got to go
Go, go, Godzilla

Oh no
There goes Tokyo
Go, go, Godzilla

Or somthing like that! :bg: I heard that song the other day and I decided that I'm going to watch every Godzilla movie there is. There's like 24 of them! So far I've watched 3!

I see the banner you made is up, DA. Great work, it looks excellent!

:wave: Hi, Neon!
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick
Oh no
There goes Tokyo
Go, go, Godzilla

ROTFLOL! :bounce:
Quote:
I see the banner you made is up, DA. Great work, it looks excellent!
Thanx, Boomstick! :bg:
Ooo, I see it too! :bg:
Quote:Originally posted by august
Again - nice to see you guys here!

Cheers August! It's good to be here.Although all the action seems to take place either when I'm in bed or getting up for work.
Quote:Originally posted by Draconis
......all the action seems to take place either when I'm in bed or getting up for work.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Must be nice!!!!!!!!!
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Quote:Originally posted by Leeneh
What did you study when you were here? [/B]

Studi classici e archeologia. Smile But just went to Assisi and points beyond for fun, on the weekend. Actually enjoyed Assisi so much that I went back a second time, on Easter.

As I recall, my wonderful discovery there was Orvieto Ruffino, and Ruffino Chianti Classico Riserva Ducale. Oh, and a Peroni birra called "Nastro Azurro" that came in huge bottles - do they still have that?
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
YAY!!!
SF-Fandom is back online! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
And here I was worried I might actually have to go to bed and try to get some sleep.
I know, I was so bored when it was offline! :bg:

Hey, DA, how did you get bullits in you signature?
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick
I know, I was so bored when it was offline! :bg:

Me, too! There's no life outside of cyberspace... :bg:
Quote:
Hey, DA, how did you get bullits in you signature?

I read the info on vB codes.... :tongue:
You have to insert [ list ] [ /list ] in the signature - without the spaces - and [ * ] to make bullets.
*Darkamber enters the bar and sits down*
Gimme a coffe, Jeeves! I really need it! [Image: coffeetired.gif] This waking up business is really though...

*squints and tries to look into the dark corners*
Anyone lurking in here today?

Hey, August!
Do you think you could post the "another cleo theory" tread from the old Susa board here? It was a very interesting thread. And any other cleo theory threads you might find.
*mutters* I can't figure out how you do it...
Waking up? Hey, it's what, 4:40 PM for you??? Get up outta bed, girl!

Cleo theories, hmmm.... refresh my memory - which was this one?
Waking up? Hey, it's what, 4:40 PM for you??? Get up outta bed, girl!

Actually I got out of bed at 11.30 am, but some days it takes hours and about a dozen cups of coffee to become really awake... *sigh* (It's 4:54 pm here now)
Quote:Cleo theories, hmmm.... refresh my memory - which was this one?

There's a thread called "Another cleo theory" - it's on the first page when you go to the Susa Cleo forum (well, technically the last page). I was looking to see if there were any print out options or something like that, so it would be possible to copy all the posts in once, but I couldn't find any. It's a long thread though, but I think it might be of interest to those who joined this forum and never had the chance to be at the Susa forum.
'K, I'll dig it up when I get a chance. Are you unable to just copy and paste the whole thing?
'K, I'll dig it up when I get a chance. Are you unable to just copy and paste the whole thing?

Did you just copy and paste the ones you've posted here already? I can do that, but that means quite a bit of editing. I thought perhaps you knew of a simpler way to do it. If not, I can do it myself and save you the extra work!

Btw, maybe we should close this bar and open a new version now?
Hm, haven't anyone visited the bar lately, because we're close to the limit of the number of posts??
I'll open a new bar, then, shall I?
Hope that's ok with you, August!

----------------

edited to add: Sure, sweetie! Was kind of tied up the last couple of days, and haven't been able to check in here much!

And with a ton of thanks to Boomstick, Leeneh, Kea, NeonASHg, Creegan, Renegade Girl, Strife, BlueDelvia and everyone else most *especially* including Darkamber (whose enthusiasm has singlehandeldy revived the old mutant bar chat threads from 2 years ago!) I now pronounce this mutant bar...closed. Smile

~August
Wonderful Dark Amber ..thank you for upholding the rules for a bar.

This one is now closed.

Cheers
Stripe
[SIZE="2"]The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams[/SIZE]

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mutant Bar Blues 3.0 - The New Breed august 272 35,523 September 1st, 2018, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Michael
  The Grudge 2 (3rd Ghost House film in a row to open at #1) on F/X 10/26 + 10/27 august 23 3,659 April 5th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Last Post: august
  origin for the "mutant bar blues" scene on VH1, Sat. 8/8 @ 4 and 11 PM august 7 1,700 August 2nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
  Mutant Bar Blues - v.2 - Always Open! Darkamber 508 34,755 November 12th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Stripe
  Treehouse/Lounge/Drunken Pig Tavern now open! Sparkle 380 22,022 March 9th, 2006, 09:03 PM
  Cleopets...I mean neopets guild is open!! Antha 9 1,649 April 15th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Antha
  Cleo 2525 and Mutant X on DVD.... CorXena 8 1,038 April 26th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Last Post: CorXena