RIP Stanley Donen (director of Singin' in the Rain)
Stanley Donen, acclaimed director and choreographer of musicals like Singin' in the Rain and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and who later directed romantic suspense
films like Charade and Arabesque, has passed away at 94.

The Donald O'Connor character Cosmo in Singin' is in many ways a fictionalized version of Donen, i.e. a hoofer who made his way to Hollywood, and gradually moved behind the camera as his buddy,
Gene Kelly, became a popular leading man.

He was actually born in my home town of Columbia, SC, danced as a teen on the same stage at Town Theatre that I later performed on, and like any smart and talented Jewish kid in the 1930's,
got the heck out of the South as soon as he could, and headed to New York. Wink I wrote an article a few years ago about a retrospective of his film work held here in town that was combined with
some outdoor events around the house and neighborhood where he grew up.
Now, get this: at some point, someone linked to that article on his Wikipedia page, and so this morning, I discover that there is a link to my article :eek: in the freakin' UK paper The Guardian! Confusedcare: Confusedurprise:
August - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Heh..the Guardian...You know it's a good publication when the segment at the bottom begging for money is half the length of the article above it! :laugh:

None the less, I hope it drives plenty of traffic to your article!
:bounce: Well that's 4-year old article, so no one is getting any benefit from people reading it.... but I wonder if some numbers cruncher in the paper's corporate office will spot some unexpected spike in traffic? (And if so, that will be followed
by the sad realization that none of those visitors are likely to be spending money at the local bars, clubs, restaurants and shops that comprise most of the ads. :jester: )
August - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
august Wrote::bounce: Well that's 4-year old article, so no one is getting any benefit from people reading it.... but I wonder if some numbers cruncher in the paper's corporate office will spot some unexpected spike in traffic? (And if so, that will be followed
by the sad realization that none of those visitors are likely to be spending money at the local bars, clubs, restaurants and shops that comprise most of the ads. :jester: )

Yeah, the whole 'online clicks' economy is odd, and not what it used to be. You see that on a lot of sites that are chock full of advertisements, but also have a banner requesting donations to keep them afloat.
May he dance with the angels.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Film Director of Boyz and hood and Poetic Justice dies: John Singleton badlands 0 268 April 30th, 2019, 04:35 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Film Director, Writer Larry Cohen has died Michael 1 572 April 14th, 2019, 08:25 PM
  Gonzalo Lopez-Gallego takes over as director of "Apollo 18" Michael 0 450 November 18th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Michael
  TV Commercial director Fredrik Bond will direct SciFi movie "Year 12" Michael 0 470 November 17th, 2010, 03:41 AM
  Pixar selects first female director to do "Brave", due out in 2012 Michael 1 455 October 5th, 2010, 10:20 PM
  '80s teen flick director John Hughes dies in NYC RobRoy 5 610 August 10th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Last Post: august
  A movie about Stanley and Livingston badlands 2 503 June 11th, 2009, 12:27 AM
  Panda director 'for He-Man movie' RobRoy 1 467 February 4th, 2009, 03:35 PM
  Director Rick Jacobson talks about '***** Slap' Michael 0 358 August 31st, 2008, 01:19 AM
  PayBack Director's Cut RobRoy 3 654 April 28th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Last Post: EDSEL_PK