How to Train your Dragon III
So the trailers for this movie look pretty good, but the web-page plot is very complicated, with way more back & forth between capture/escape/capture/escape than I'm comfortable in a 100 minute movie.

I really like the voice of Hiccup, Jay Baruchel, who I liked in The Sorcerers Apprentice. I like the voice of Astrid, America Ferrera.

The critics seem to like this, but I'm conflicted.

What say you all?
Irene
*shrug* If you liked the first two, go see it - surely an animated film won't be too complex for an adult to follow. I bet it's more accessible than it seems.
August - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I like the first one. Never had a chance for the second.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
Watch Trailer 2 for "How to Train Your Dragon 3" from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

I really enjoyed the first movie. The second one was a little disappointing to me, although I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just that every sequel now tries to outperform its predecessor and they kind of leave behind the original elements of their invented worlds.

On the one hand, you want more of the same. On the other hand, you realize the fictional world really needs to be larger and include things that weren't shown in the first movie or television season/series. Where I tend to lose interest in franchises is when they start to subtly change the rules by ignoring things they had established in earlier stories.

The animation looks superb and I suspect the story will stand on its own. But it may disappoint some people who loved the first or second movie.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: Trailer for "Enter the Girl Dragon" Michael 1 478 December 19th, 2019, 11:38 PM
Last Post: Michael
  a Dragon's lair and Space ace movie in the works. badlands 3 356 March 23rd, 2018, 12:44 AM
  Birth of the Dragon badlands 1 311 September 15th, 2017, 09:44 PM
  Dealing with dragons movie and other fantasy dragon movies badlands 1 1,263 October 21st, 2014, 05:21 AM
  "How To Train Your Dragon 2" coming in 2014 Michael 0 349 August 22nd, 2011, 12:21 PM
  The planet of the apes movie, the girl with the dragon , and other summer movies badlands 4 900 June 20th, 2011, 09:01 PM
  Conan the barbarian and the girl with the dragon tatoo badlands 1 524 March 21st, 2011, 02:32 AM
  The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor Boomstick 19 1,174 April 9th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Zagor
  Author likes changes to "How To Train Your Dragon" Michael 2 545 April 7th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Jammin
  'How to train your Dragon' dazzles and delivers Luthien_001 1 459 March 25th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Last Post: RobRoy