Atuk the movie
When will they finally make this movie? I heard it was cursed because all the white actors they wanted for the title role died. Maybe they should try an Asian or actual Inuit actor to play Atuk.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
I've never heard of this - want to fill us in on what this is?
August - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Some people consider it to be a "cursed movie", according to this tongue-in-cheek article.

John Belushi was going to play Atuk, and then he died.

John Candy was going to play Atuk, and then he died.

Chris Farley was going to play Atuk, and then he died.

Sam Kinison was going to play Atuk, and then he died.

So far as I know (and I know very little about this), no one ever got so far as standing in front of a camera with the project. I would say interest has probably waned.
Those guys have all been gone an average of nearly a quarter of a century, so thinking not much progress has been made on this.

Assuming the title character is an Inuit? And he must be full-figured? I'd say that if there is an Inuit actor weighing 250 lbs. or more who is currently starring in
films that are successful, then he'd be a great choice. But otherwise, an unknown actor in an unknown movie... why would someone want to make it? What is it, anyway?
August - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
When in doubt and not feeling much desire to do real research, one turns to Wikipedia. So allowing for the possibility that everything in that article is bogus, it says that the unfilmed screenplay is based on a Canadian comedy novel, The Incomparable Atuk. Atuk attempts to adjust to life in the big city.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colorized Movie - "The Phantom Planet" Michael 0 417 November 26th, 2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Dungeon and Dragons movie again badlands 1 284 November 4th, 2020, 12:11 PM
  G.I Joe and fore night crossover movie badlands 1 212 November 4th, 2020, 11:52 AM
  Hasbro Mask movie badlands 1 324 November 4th, 2020, 11:37 AM
  1950s or 1960s B&W movie with teleportation boxes avianrand1 5 447 September 22nd, 2020, 06:56 PM
  Bernstein Bears movie badlands 3 593 August 12th, 2020, 01:28 PM
Last Post: aaronbossig
  John Lewis movie badlands 1 281 July 18th, 2020, 09:03 PM
  Science Fiction Movie Marathons pogopossum 1 374 May 30th, 2020, 10:15 AM
  Catch 22 the movie badlands 0 272 April 1st, 2020, 12:28 AM
Last Post: badlands
  A movie about the forbidden romance between Abelard and Heloise badlands 2 334 January 6th, 2020, 02:23 PM