Which actors do you believe were wrongly casts in roles?
Are there any actors do you believe should have been casted in certain roles?
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
Well, that's sort of two different questions, right?

Since you mentioned P.L. Travers in the other thread, I'll toss out Julie Andrews as the stern, frumpy, middle aged Mary Poppins character from the books, although
she was perfect for the film character.

From that era - Harrison, Hepburn and Holloway were all 15 years too old for their roles in My Fair Lady. And Harris, Redgrave and Nero in Camelot - none were big box office draws, and Burton,
Andrews and Goulet from the Broadway cast would have had better marquee appeal, could sing better, and were better matches for those types.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I was never satisfied with Katee Sackhoff as Starbuck in Ron Moore's Battlestar Galactica. She's a fine actress but the character transformation didn't work for me. I'm having a much easier time enjoying Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor. I think Sackhoff delivered her character perfectly. But the storyline was terrible and the writing for many of her scenes was just awful. They started out with a loose take on Dirk Benedict's Starbuck and I think they quickly realized that was just stupid. So they salvaged the character by taking her in directions that Benedict's Starbuck didn't go. It would have worked better if they hadn't tried to feminize Dirk Benedict's Starbuck. It just was wincingly bad to watch and unfair to Katee, who can play tough girl roles just fine.

Henry Cavill was disappointing as Superman and I don't feel that was his fault. He has the physique and the acting chops but he couldn't save awful movies from being SO bad. Maybe if the dialog had been better written and the directing not so dark the Superman reboot would have worked better. But then I cannot accept Amy Adams as Lois Lane, either. I love Amy Adams but she's not a good match for that character. There's something about her Lois Lane that just grates on me. I almost have to watch "Julie & Julia" just to get the bad taste out of my mouth. I can't stand to watch most of the DC movies.

Another disappointing casting decision was to replace Rachel Weisz with Maria Bello in "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor". There was just no chemistry between Bello and her fellow actors. She has the acting chops to play a character like Evelyn O'Connell but there was so much history between Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz that his best attempts to make Bello look natural in the role just didn't work for me.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for Actors in all the (wrong TV) places Irene 3 433 December 12th, 2021, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Actors that need a comeback badlands 1 493 January 31st, 2021, 12:19 PM
  What good historical roles can you think of for black actors? badlands 2 803 April 18th, 2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: august
  Asian actors badlands 1 687 November 22nd, 2018, 12:20 PM
  Child actors badlands 2 743 November 6th, 2018, 10:26 AM
  What actors would make good Biblical characters? badlands 3 859 April 10th, 2018, 11:32 AM
  Actors you think would make great voice actors badlands 1 661 March 13th, 2018, 11:34 AM
  Historical roles that would like to see your favorite actors in? badlands 0 648 February 22nd, 2018, 01:16 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Comic movie roles that might suit Idris Elba. badlands 1 735 February 20th, 2018, 12:14 PM
  What would be good roles for Dwight Johnson The Rock ? badlands 1 805 February 20th, 2018, 12:12 PM