Galaxy’ Edge
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
Man, they'd better hope they get the films back on track. Sinking all that money into the theme parks at the same time that their creative teams are dealing heavy damage to the film franchise, and fans are spending less on merchandise....heads will roll if they start losing big money.
I hope so, too. Only die hard fans will go.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
Oh, I don't know - I think it may be two different audiences. The films depend on teens, tweens and college students who have $15 or $20 to spend on
opening weekend, while theme parks depend on families with working parents that have $500 to drop on a vacation. After all, "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea"
was a late show oldie by the time DisneyWorld opened, "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" didn't exactly have a fan base, and things like Space Mountain, the Haunted Mansion,
and Country Bear Jamboree had no movie connections at all.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I suspect enough families will visit the parks that it won't matter much to the kids. Some will like the movies and some will just enjoy the rides.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Star Wars Galaxy Fully Mapped in High Resolution RobRoy 1 924 January 13th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Wired on Star Wars: A Pop-Up Guide to the Galaxy Michael 4 1,665 September 17th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Who saved the galaxy in episodes 4 - 6? Jub-Jub 13 1,277 August 24th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Darth Meela