Asian fantasy martial arts show
Why do these shows always are about avenging one's family, wife, or children, family's honor, or uncle.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
Easy motivation for the hero? What sort of themes might you prefer?
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I will hazard the guess that family honor was a much longer lasting, deeper tradition in the Far East than in western Europe and North America. "Family honor" is sometimes cited for violent crimes here in the United States, but usually there are cultural roots for such events that extend back to southern Asia.

On the other hand, one of the most popular story arcs for "Star Trek: The Next Generation" that about Worf's family. Klingons droned on and on about their devotion to honor, and yet the politics surrounding the Kitimer massacre allowed the writers to turn the whole idea of Klingon honor on its head. So "family honor" may be a very pliable story line that can be reworked in a thousand ways without losing the general audience's interest. I haven't gone looking for it but I would not be surprised to learn there is academic literature examining the popularity of "family honor" stories.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon Show, Night Sky Michael 0 78 June 7th, 2022, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Michael
  New Dean Devlin show, 'The Ark' Michael 2 136 May 9th, 2022, 01:25 AM
  Science fiction and fantasy shows reboots badlands 2 752 November 14th, 2020, 01:25 AM
  Kung fu tv show reboot badlands 3 2,040 September 8th, 2019, 12:31 AM
  Amazon TV Show "Carnival Row" Michael 0 883 August 28th, 2019, 04:21 PM
  Fantasy Isand and Gilligan's island reboots badlands 2 694 May 2nd, 2019, 08:53 AM
Last Post: august
  Show runner gives tour of Walking Dead offices august 0 551 April 5th, 2019, 03:21 PM
Last Post: august
  Still Waiting for News about new Stargate TV Show Michael 6 1,215 February 28th, 2019, 12:57 PM
  Live-action Loki TV Show planned for Disney+ Finds Showrunner Michael 0 554 February 17th, 2019, 01:21 AM
  Science fiction and fantasy TV shows you would like to see again or see as reboots? badlands 1 540 January 13th, 2019, 03:46 PM