Gargoyles: the live action movie
Is there going be one?
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
It would appear not at this time. Have you heard any rumors?
There is a 1972 film staring Cornel Wilde. A fairly good film of its kind.
Sitting quietly, doing nothing,
Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself.
On a tangential note, I caught the super scary 1972 TV movie "Gargoyles" on Comet-TV the other day. It pretty much set the
blueprint for most creature and made-for-SyFy films that followed, although I imagine they discovered the formula on their own.
Sadly it doesn't hold up very well, but Jennifer Salt still looks awfully cute.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr.com...oyles/amp/
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
Interesting. I only vaguely recall hearing about the animated series. I don't think I ever watched any episodes.

I watched the 1972 movie when it was first shown. At the time it was cutting edge television science fiction. It received a lot of attention in the press. The sequel movie was disappointing.

But those concepts would be considered very tame compared to the animated series. I guess a live-action adaptation could be done but its success would depend on how hokey it is. If the intended audience is children I suspect they would miss out on a great franchise opportunity, given how many adults must remember the series.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Live action Rescue Rangers movie badlands 1 81 June 21st, 2021, 01:36 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Live action version of The wind in the willows badlands 1 166 January 31st, 2021, 12:20 PM
  Live action version of Robin Hood badlands 1 305 April 11th, 2020, 08:14 PM
Last Post: august
  Video: Trailer for "Mulan" (live action) Michael 3 490 December 26th, 2019, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Video: Trailer 2 for 'live' action "Lady and the Tramp" Michael 0 371 October 21st, 2019, 10:41 AM
  Live action Mickey Mouse movie? badlands 2 715 August 15th, 2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: diegoarismendi
  Song of the South live action reboot badlands 3 547 May 13th, 2019, 12:52 AM
  Live action reboots casting badlands 0 408 March 10th, 2019, 11:20 PM
Last Post: badlands
  News about "Maleficent 2" movie Michael 0 428 March 6th, 2019, 03:34 PM
  An animated movie about wild animals who live on the border badlands 3 528 January 15th, 2019, 05:18 PM