A movie based on the book "Lord of Light" by Roger Zelasny
I think that this book would make a great movie. But I see one serious problem if it were to be live-action, and that is casting, because all of the main characters change bodies multiple times. Maybe as an animation, with the same voice-actor voicing the role regardless of what body the character is in?
"Never ask an Elf for advice, for he will say both 'Yes' and 'No'." - Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion
Well you know it was in development for a long time, right, and was the basis for
the movie Argo
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I did NOT know that. And while I have seen the movie "Argo" and enjoyed it, I fail to see the connection to "Lord of Light".
"Never ask an Elf for advice, for he will say both 'Yes' and 'No'." - Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion
That's what the imaginary "Argo" was - a film version of "Lord of Light." Someone optioned it, and hired Jack Kirby to do the conceptual art.
It never went anywhere, but with real Hollywood types pretending to be newly interested in the abandoned project, it fooled the Iranians. Smile

Note that as of last year, it was being developed
for Universal for TV - presumably SYFY - by Ashley Miller, who has a decent track record including X-Men - First Class, Thor,
Sarah Connor Chronicles, Andromeda, Fringe, and the new sequel to Top Gun.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Yeah, they're supposed to be developing a tv show now. At the time it was announced, Gale Anne Hurd was supposed to be the top producer, IIRC. I don't see it credited on her
IMDb, so maybe it fell apart, or she's not on it any more.
Given Hollywood's record with adaptations, I think I'd rather just re-read the book.
Sitting quietly, doing nothing,
Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Elvis movie badlands 0 22 June 28th, 2022, 04:06 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Reboot The Terminator movie series. badlands 2 91 June 15th, 2022, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Is it true that there will a movie based on the Redwall author’s book? badlands 1 91 May 16th, 2022, 01:37 PM
  Poppy Playtime movie badlands 1 122 April 17th, 2022, 12:01 PM
Smile Clash of the clans movie badlands 4 100 April 17th, 2022, 12:00 PM
  How about a jetsons movie? hour_25mikehodel 4 252 March 19th, 2022, 03:11 PM
  Miami Vice movie badlands 2 234 December 29th, 2021, 03:33 PM
Star Disney’s The Lone Ranger movie starring Depp badlands 1 343 November 22nd, 2021, 02:07 PM
  New C.S Lewis Movie bilbobaggins764 2 407 November 22nd, 2021, 02:00 PM
  Remember the Don Bluth movie : The Secret of NIMH badlands 0 309 July 27th, 2021, 05:15 PM
Last Post: badlands