A new Mordomin story...
...which, by odd coincidence, touches upon some of the other things about which I have posted recently.

The new story, "Of Mordomin and the Battle of Nanduhirion" is here.
"Never ask an Elf for advice, for he will say both 'Yes' and 'No'." - Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion
I had been trying to put together a story about a threat to the Wayhouse which Mordomin was forced to respond to. But it never came together. I think that the "Snow Queen" stories took up that avenue of stories.

The idea that Mordomin is/has been a friend of the Dwarves, esp. the House of Durin has been lurking in Mordomin's backstory and the timeline that I've created for him for a long time. So, when I grew frustrated with the "Hound of the WayHouse" idea, I asked myself what else is there about the story of Mordomin that might grow from an idea to a tale?

The Battle of Nanduhirion suggested itself, but it was a daunting task. There are a lot of elements that have to be brought together for this story to work.

I started by re-capping what Tolkien had told us about the war between the Dwarves and the Orcs. Starting with his words, I was able to slip into telling my story about my character without there being too much of a 'bump' in between [your mileage may vary, LOL].

As usual with my Mordomin character, there are a lot of things that he cannot do.

He cannot battle Fred (sorry Fred! I know you'd love to get your licks in against that pompous Elf Mordomin, but it's not meant to be. He'd love to go a few rounds with you, too, but having his cursed hand thudding into your body over and over again could be a distraction.)
He cannot slay Azog. Or Bolg, son of Azog. (Was Bolg even present?)
He cannot prevent the death of Nain. On the other hand, he cannot prevent nor affect, the death of Azog.
He cannot prevent Dain from having seen Fred, nor can he persuade Dain to assail Moria with the remains of the armies of the Dwarves.

Mordomin agrees that the Dwarves should not take their victory at Azunulbizar to mean that they should attempt to re-occupy Moria. This makes him less that popular among the People of Durin.
"Never ask an Elf for advice, for he will say both 'Yes' and 'No'." - Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A New/Old Mordomin story Mordomin 4 290 June 21st, 2020, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Michael
  New Introduction to Mordomin stories Mordomin 1 355 October 12th, 2019, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Mordomin
  New Mordomin story "Destroyer of Dragons" now posted Mordomin 0 304 February 20th, 2018, 08:51 AM
  Forth the Mordomin-ingas! Mordomin 0 217 September 17th, 2017, 08:55 AM
  New Mordomin chapter posted Mordomin 8 424 September 16th, 2017, 03:55 AM
  A New Mordomin story comes to SF Fandom Mordomin 0 190 April 22nd, 2017, 11:50 AM
  A new Mordomin story Mordomin 1 267 July 3rd, 2016, 12:56 AM
  Mordomin versus the Bionic Man Mordomin 7 566 May 28th, 2016, 12:18 AM
  New Mordomin story Mordomin 3 289 March 20th, 2016, 08:47 PM
  Why does Mordomin hate trolls so much? Mordomin 12 718 August 16th, 2015, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol