Some very sad news for SF Fandom: Andre Norton: Forum readers.
Unfortunately, this morning at 10:36 est. I received news from Sue Stewart (Manager of the Andre Norton Estate) that a long time friend of Andre's, and well known contributor to this forum Paul Goode passed away in his sleep some time last night.

As some of you may know, for the past several years Paul had been fighting cancer. I have been told that it was not an easy road for Paul or his family.

Although I never had the pleasure of meeting Paul in person, I have had the pleasure of interacting with him for a long lime. Over the years his knowledge of the "works of Andre Norton" helped guide the expansion of my Norton collection.
I can only say ~

Thank You, Dear Friend and "God Bless" ~

I would like to suggest that a donations drive be set up instead of flowers.
For now, Please ~ In the interest of privacy for the Goode family, I am asking that you email me through this forum and I will gladly share their current contact information.
"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
Andre Norton's website - Andre-Norton-Books.com
Sad news; thanks for letting us know.
So sorry to hear this. Paul was as good natured in person as he was online. I have never met a more gentle soul in fandom. One journey ends, another begins.
Thank you for letting us know.
I will need to process this.
My memory of him was of a gentle bear of a man.
My condolences to his family, and to all you, his friends. It's sad news to lose a member of the community here.
I feared his absences did not bode well.

His quick wit and light heart are gone from us then. Rest in peace, and condolences to his loved ones.
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
Later, Paul.

~ with love, from all of your kind folks Smile
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
May he rest in peace.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
Jerrie and I will be sending cards next week or when I/we get home & find the address.
Jerrie has phoned. I will send card & copies of messages from the forum.

[And now that I'm home I can use apostrophe on this keyboard.]
We have locked Paul's account to prevent hackers from ever being able to use it.
Ah, darn. Another good one has passed the Gate.

May the light of distant stars mark your path
May your passage be swift and smooth
Until you reach the beginning of your next Journey
May those who have gone before welcome you to the Company
And may those left behind be comforted
Until they, in their turn, pass the Gate
Farewell, wherever you fare.
Paul (no, the other one)
Captain of the ISS Andre Norton

By vocation, I am a Horta-master
By avocation, I am a reader
By Dream, I am a star-roamer
By choice, I am Andrefan
I miss Paul very much: his big, booming voice; his enthusiastic filk [about Andre Norton, and otherwise]; and above all, his kindness.

Jerrie
I just received a St. Patrick's Day card from the Goode family.
Green envelope and all.
Irene
I'm very sorry to hear this. I was thinking about him fairly recently and wondering how he was doing.

Jay, were you thinking of some kind of GoFundMe so we can send donations, or something else?

Mike
I just got a card from Paul's Family

Attached Files Image(s)

Irene

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HUGE Andre Norton sale - today only! Jerrie 3 151 March 28th, 2021, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Passing of Andre Norton, March 17, 2005 Irvkoch 47 29,055 February 18th, 2021, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Michael
  ebay listing - 70 Andre Norton books for sale chris.hakenkamp@gmail.com 1 347 November 19th, 2020, 09:01 AM
  Andre's Reading Corner - Nobble Warrior Meets with a Ghost Lots-A-Watts 1 186 November 4th, 2020, 08:13 PM
  Andre's Reading Corner - Hob's Pot Lots-A-Watts 0 257 October 23rd, 2020, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts
  Andre's Reading Corner - Noble Warrior Lots-A-Watts 3 312 October 3rd, 2020, 11:46 AM
  Andre's Reading Corner - Desirable Lakeside Residence Lots-A-Watts 0 212 September 16th, 2020, 12:30 PM
  Andre's Reading Corner - London Bridge Lots-A-Watts 2 275 September 6th, 2020, 11:40 AM
  Norton Image Project Lots-A-Watts 13 701 August 24th, 2020, 12:33 PM
  Andre's Reading Corner - A Cats Tale Lots-A-Watts 2 350 August 19th, 2020, 01:35 AM
Last Post: Michael