Video: Trailer for 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald'
And there is a lot of new footage in this trailer from Comic Con 2018. It looks really good. There are a few surprises here, too.

Watch Trailer for "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald" from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.
Writing about Science Fiction and Fantasy films.
http://www.sf-fandom.com/
Oh gosh. I've got to wait until November. Well I've got the date into my calendar. I can hardly wait.

No one can do scary evil the way that Johnny Depp can. Hardly needs the one contact lens. [There are several of his movies that I cannot watch, and others that I always NEED to watch.]

I also loved seeing several actors that just don't take character parts, but did here.
Irene
Yes, this series is definitely looking like "Harry Potter for Grownups", although plenty of grownups were into the original Harry Potter books. Dixie was a huge fan of the books and she turned me on to them when the first movie came out. J.K. Rowling has turned out to be (or grown into) a very imaginative author, IMHO.
Soon now. Very soon.... am so excited!
Irene
Definitely going to see this one in the theater no matter how much pain I am in. LOL!
I've seen the movie. Hmmm. How to say it. Probably won't go again. At least not right now.
Irene
We saw the movie Friday morning. I've been too sore to write about. We loved it and will go back to see it in theaters. I've noticed the lukewarm reaction among fans. I'm not sure what people are objecting to, although one person specifically singled out Johnny Depp as a problem. I thought his performance was brilliant. But it could be that his personal life is just a big shadow hanging over this and other film projects in the wake of the "#metoo" movement, and I understand if people (especially victims of abuse) do not feel comfortable watching or supporting his movies.
OK - I loved the acting.
I liked the movie and may go again (saw it Tuesday 11/20)
I thought that some of the pure CGI sequences went on too long.
I loved that they found Callum Turner to work with Eddie Redmayne.
I had problems telling the good guys from the bad. They all wore black hats (probably intentional). Most of the women looked alike to me (except for Queenie, Leta and Claudia Kim).

I loved that they had those little hints, that JK Rawlings so dearly loves to put in, that point ahead. Some names popping up in this movie that - Yes will take another whole movie to resolve.

I'm just not going again on Wednesday. Maybe in December.
Irene
I thought Depp was trying to portray one of his loony characters again.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
I'm not sure what you mean: " loony characters "

Johnny Deep plays many characters. Many of them a bit toward the Odd side of the norm.

But Grindelwald is certainly odd. Especially from what we learn of his character in the HP original 7 books & 8 movies.

I'm OK with him portraying the odd. But his normal is NINE GATES and GILBERT GRAPE and LONE RANGER normal, so the roles that he selects are definitely odd (rather than his still pretty boy leading man). I'm OK with that.
Irene

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: Trailer 2 for "Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore" Michael 0 262 March 2nd, 2022, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Johnny Depp resigned from Fabulous beasts franchise badlands 3 883 November 14th, 2020, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Irene
  The Hillywood Show Harry Potter parody (video) Michael 4 1,023 September 17th, 2018, 05:33 PM
  Video: Trailer for "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Teaser Trailer #1 (2018)" FilmGuy 2 846 March 23rd, 2018, 01:30 AM
  What comes next after FANTASTIC BEASTS Irene 3 1,045 April 6th, 2017, 04:39 AM
  Video: Trailer for "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" SDCC 2016 FilmGuy 16 1,652 January 1st, 2017, 02:06 AM
  Video: Harry Potter fan film, "Wands" FilmGuy 0 626 July 19th, 2016, 12:47 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Video: Harry Potter fan film "The Wand" FilmGuy 0 604 July 19th, 2016, 12:42 AM
  Video: Harry Potter fan film "Rose" FilmGuy 0 493 July 19th, 2016, 12:35 AM
  Video: Trailer for "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" FilmGuy 4 1,114 December 20th, 2015, 07:27 PM