Into the Badlands TV show
I love this show. What do you guys think about it?
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
I watched the first two episodes but was never able to get into it. I did like seeing former Xena/Hercules/LotR actor Marton Csokas getting a big gig on American TV though.

Attached Files Image(s)

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Was not aware of it but now that I have Amazon Prime (which I am sure I will regret) I guess I can check it out.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3865236/?ref_=nv_sr_1
It looks cool, and it's been on my radar from the beginning. I haven't checked it out yet. If it's on Prime, I may give it a shot this weekend, as it's supposed to be raining most of
the time. :mad:
Well, I have been sick again throughout the month of June. Managed to binge-watch "Band of Brothers" this week. Forgot about "Into the Badlands". Will still give it a shot next.
Michael Wrote:Well, I have been sick again throughout the month of June. Managed to binge-watch "Band of Brothers" this week. Forgot about "Into the Badlands". Will still give it a shot next.

I've never seen that, either. It keeps coming up in conversation with a buddy of mine, and he says I should check it out.
It's very very similar to that short-lived NBC series Evolution. Just with a conscious effort to replicate graphic novel-style visuals (bright colors for example) and Hong Kong-style martial arts.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
august Wrote:It's very very similar to that short-lived NBC series Evolution. Just with a conscious effort to replicate graphic novel-style visuals (bright colors for example) and Hong Kong-style martial arts.

Didn't they originally promote this as being based on an idea from Bruce Lee? Or am I getting confused with previous discussions about Kung Fu?
Boomstick Wrote:Didn't they originally promote this as being based on an idea from Bruce Lee? Or am I getting confused with previous discussions about Kung Fu?

I assume the original Kung Fu, which Lee had pitched as a show he could star in. This series seems to be [URL="https://deadline.com/2015/07/into-the-badlands-tca-daniel-wu-1201488844"]the brainchild
of its creators[/URL], although they based some of the structure on an old Chinese novel called Journey to the West. They just set in a post-Apocalyptic USA,
presumably following the success of Walking Dead.
august Wrote:I assume the original Kung Fu, which Lee had pitched as a show he could star in. This series seems to be [URL="https://deadline.com/2015/07/into-the-badlands-tca-daniel-wu-1201488844"]the brainchild
of its creators[/URL], although they based some of the structure on an old Chinese novel called Journey to the West. They just set in a post-Apocalyptic USA,
presumably following the success of Walking Dead.

Ok, that sounds right. Still haven't watched Into the Badlands, though. :bg:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Dean Devlin show, 'The Ark' Michael 2 69 May 9th, 2022, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Kung fu tv show reboot badlands 3 1,966 September 8th, 2019, 12:31 AM
  Amazon TV Show "Carnival Row" Michael 0 831 August 28th, 2019, 04:21 PM
  Show runner gives tour of Walking Dead offices august 0 512 April 5th, 2019, 03:21 PM
Last Post: august
  Still Waiting for News about new Stargate TV Show Michael 6 1,103 February 28th, 2019, 12:57 PM
  Live-action Loki TV Show planned for Disney+ Finds Showrunner Michael 0 511 February 17th, 2019, 01:21 AM
  Asian fantasy martial arts show badlands 2 666 November 22nd, 2018, 12:13 PM
  The Hillywood Show Doctor Who parody (video) Michael 0 513 August 9th, 2018, 11:33 PM
  Fortnite the TV show? badlands 0 430 April 21st, 2018, 09:33 PM
Last Post: badlands
  He- man is the gayest show ever? badlands 5 727 February 13th, 2018, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Boomstick