Chris Pratt and Lupita Nyong’o in a movie together?
What roles do you believe they would be great in? I always thought Lupita Nyong’O would be great as Dido, the queen of Carthage and Chris Pratt as Aeneas in Virgil’s Aeneid.
Amazingly no one has ever filmed that, and it wouldn't even require much debate over how to handle the supernatural aspect - the big-budget Wolfgang Petersen Troy for example dropped almost all of them out,
apart from Thetis, the mother of Achilles being seen standing in water, vaguely reminding people in the know that she was a sea nymph. But the divine intervention in The Aeneid is minimal, and is mainly limited to storms arising, and assorted deities turning up to give advice that the characters were going to do all along any way.

Note however that Dido was an immigrant from Phoenicia, i.e. Lebanon, so someone like Salma Hayek, or Shannon Elizabeth (if she could act) or the young Marlo Thomas would be a
better "type." OR.... my stunningly beautiful and talented young Lebanese-American friend Sirena, who acts as well as she sings:

Sirena From YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I should point out they are both in "Avengers: Infinity War" but they are not specifically leading the movie together. ON UPDATE: <- Scratch that. She is NOT in the movie. Sorry.

As for the story of Dido, I suspect any commercial treatment of it would alter the story in unexpected ways. Not sure a faithful telling could keep a pair of actors together for the whole thing, unless the guy played a close friend and advisor.
Michael Wrote:As for the story of Dido, I suspect any commercial treatment of it would alter the story in unexpected ways. Not sure a faithful telling could keep a pair of actors together for the whole thing, unless the guy played a close friend and advisor.

Well what I think is being suggested above is not the story of Dido - which could conceivably show her childhood, her first marriage, her flight to North Africa, etc. etc. - but a film version of The Aeneid, which, if faithful, would only have her in about 20 minutes' worth, since she's only in parts of 2 out of its 12 books. And if "the guy" i.e. Chris Pratt played a close friend or adviser, then he couldn't play the hero Aeneas.

Then again, there are an endless number of variations, all of which are just various authors' own versions, so some modern screenwriter's retelling would be just as valid as some earlier author's version. And if you wanted to just the love story, there are various old plays and operas, most called Dido and Aeneas, or Dido Queen of Carthage, which focus just on their love affair.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Wayne movie badlands 8 1,082 March 19th, 2019, 12:41 PM
Last Post: august
  Comic movie roles that might suit Idris Elba. badlands 1 727 February 20th, 2018, 12:14 PM
  Oprah Winfrey and Jackie Chan in movie together? badlands 2 756 September 15th, 2017, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Johnny Depp in an Agatha Christie movie badlands 2 777 June 7th, 2017, 03:49 PM
  Chris Pratt roles badlands 5 858 May 21st, 2017, 02:13 PM
  Call of duty movie badlands 3 715 May 16th, 2017, 11:27 AM
  Haunting Ground the movie badlands 0 550 April 26th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Jack Black to be in the Confederacy of Dunces movie? badlands 2 767 October 13th, 2016, 04:28 PM
  Chris Pratt badlands 1 629 August 3rd, 2015, 11:45 AM
  Dwayne Johnson's new movie: San Andreas badlands 3 918 July 16th, 2015, 03:24 PM