What actors would make good Biblical characters?
I always wanted there to be a movie about Hecate, the disciple of Paul. Anne Haddaway would be a good actor for this movie and that Gabriel Iglesias can be Nero.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
I think your question is a bit too broad. What kind of Biblical movie are you think about? Does it have a Protestant point of view or a Roman Catholic one? What about Greek Orthodox? There are probably movies all around the world that depict Biblical characters and stories in ways that would seem strange to mainstream American or British audiences.

And how reverent or tradition should the story be? People are still angry about "Jesus Christ, Superstar", which tells the story from the point of view of Judas and makes him a sympathetic character. The kind of movie being made should influence which actors would be considered for the roles.

I was not overly impressed with "Noah", for example. It was in some ways clever but the actors did not really bring the characters to life for me, and we're talking about Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Ray Winstone, Anthony Hopkins, and Emma Watson -- all very good actors.
Could you fill us in on Hecate, the disciple of Paul? There doesn't seem to be much online about her - I haven't found anything, actually. That's the name of a deity, and in those days, people didn't usually name their children after deities.

But of course, as always, good actors and a good director working on a good script usually ensure a good film. Although Noah director Darren Aronofsky and his co-writer are certainly acclaimed
film artists.... but as Michael said, the cast was unable to bring the story - which I found to be amateurish Noah fan fiction - to life. Sad
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
You know, the story of Paul's disciple Phoebe might be a good one to explore. I don't know if anyone has written books or done movies about her. I am sure there must be something. She may have been the first woman deacon in the church.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for Actors in all the (wrong TV) places Irene 3 433 December 12th, 2021, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Actors that need a comeback badlands 1 493 January 31st, 2021, 12:19 PM
  What good historical roles can you think of for black actors? badlands 2 802 April 18th, 2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: august
  Which actors do you believe were wrongly casts in roles? badlands 2 771 January 13th, 2019, 04:47 PM
  Asian actors badlands 1 687 November 22nd, 2018, 12:20 PM
  Child actors badlands 2 742 November 6th, 2018, 10:26 AM
  Actors you think would make great voice actors badlands 1 661 March 13th, 2018, 11:34 AM
  Historical roles that would like to see your favorite actors in? badlands 0 648 February 22nd, 2018, 01:16 PM
Last Post: badlands
  What would be good roles for Dwight Johnson The Rock ? badlands 1 805 February 20th, 2018, 12:12 PM
  Would this be a good role for Sandra Bullock or some other actress badlands 1 630 December 30th, 2017, 06:39 PM