Trump insults third wold nations
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-a...48138.html
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
That is over-generalizing, unless you believe that all Third-World nations are [the word Trump used].

The vulgar language that he used (and I believe that he did, btw) is being used to further the claim that he is a 'racist', never mind that he was describing countries, not people or races.

This, in turn, allows open borders people to change the conversation to Trump's (alleged) racism and avoid the legitimate question that Trump posed: why are we allowing immigration from these countries?

Trump's concern is clearly not what race people may be, but a) whether they should be allowed into the country at all (i.e., are they a security risk), and b) whether they are an asset to our population. Deciding and judging these things are his job as President.
"Never ask an Elf for advice, for he will say both 'Yes' and 'No'." - Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion
One minor quibble...setting immigration law is rightly the job of Congress rather than the President. The alleged comments occurred in the context of a meeting with Congressmen attempting to craft immigration reforms. Aside from that, I agree with the thrust of your comments.
Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and grows again.

I don't have any humble opinions.
Bacchus Wrote:One minor quibble...setting immigration law is rightly the job of Congress rather than the President. The alleged comments occurred in the context of a meeting with Congressmen attempting to craft immigration reforms. Aside from that, I agree with the thrust of your comments.
I quite agree with your quibble. The reason that the President was in these discussions at all is that he is ending the Constitutionally-questionable DACA program. Questionable, because it was done by the Executive, during the previous administration. In any case, he has said that Congress needs to pass a law to replace it, or let it lapse.

They were also to discuss the TPS coverage of persons from Haiti, a program that has covered some 200,000 persons since 1991. Trump also wants to end this. He is also putting this on Congress, where, IMO, it rightly belongs.
"Never ask an Elf for advice, for he will say both 'Yes' and 'No'." - Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could the Republican Party Just Bypass Trump This Year? Michael 14 777 June 7th, 2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Trump late with Iran bombing badlands 0 325 June 27th, 2019, 09:31 PM
  Trump should enforce the Monroe doctrine badlands 0 282 June 27th, 2019, 09:20 PM
  New Trump's tax plan passed badlands 1 379 December 27th, 2017, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Michael