The life story of Elizabeth Blackwell, the first female surgeon
Why hasn't a movie been made about this heroic woman and her accomplishment when so many young girls need a female role model.

http://www.amazingwomeninhistory.com/eli...le-doctor/
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
She sounds like she was an amazing woman. I think her life story would make a very interesting movie, perhaps 2 or 3 interesting movies.
She does sound like she had a fascinating life, and certainly evidence that something like Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman could have happened. I see that she was "the first woman to receive a medical degree
in the United States."

As far as "first female surgeon," see also Merit-Ptah, Agamede, Agnodice, and Metrodora.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
You know what might kick-start some interest in these ladies is a series of documentaries on one of the sciencey channels. That could include the History Channel, the Discovery Channel, or even the Science Channel. I am sure they could find enough notable women doctors and surgeons to do a full season of documentaries, maybe 10-12 in all.

There are at least three YouTube videos about Dr. Elizabeth Blackwell.

Watch Amateur documentary of Dr. Elizabeth Blackwell. from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

Amateur documentary of Dr. Elizabeth Blackwell.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This civil rights leader’s story should be a movie badlands 1 337 July 25th, 2021, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  Is there a movie about the life of the Rock and roll legend: Little Richard? badlands 2 467 January 24th, 2019, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Female version of Lord of the Flies badlands 2 561 September 16th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Last Post: august
  Hannielle's story badlands 1 324 October 26th, 2016, 12:05 PM
  Video: "Half Life" Trailer FilmGuy 1 369 February 28th, 2016, 12:34 PM
  Evolution hoax: The Story of Lucy badlands 2 482 November 17th, 2015, 01:53 PM
  American Atheist: the Madalyn O'Hair story. badlands 2 515 November 14th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Agaricus
  New Ghostbusters to have an all female cast? badlands 11 824 January 30th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Last Post: august
  My Take: "After Earth" Is a GREAT Coming-of-Age Story (Some Spoilage) Michael 0 677 June 2nd, 2013, 12:59 AM
  Casting Call for "The Host", based on Stephenie Meyer story Michael 0 491 December 22nd, 2011, 03:12 AM