Harry Potter presequel news
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/harr...d=51199462

It has people all freak out?
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
I don't see what people are freaking out about. We already knew that Dumbledore (Jude Law) would be coming into the story and that it was Dumbledore who eventually defeated Grindelwald.
Writing about Science Fiction and Fantasy films.
http://www.sf-fandom.com/
the only "freaking" I'm doing is noticing that it should have arrived November 16 OH - 2018. That's a long wait. The Hype is just a year early.
Irene
Yes, they are definitely teasing the fans with little tidbits. But they know they can get away with it. And we'll follow along, dogging every teaser and reveal. That's what we do.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/...li=BBoPJKU

I probably would not have cast Johhny Depp, but someone else like Josh Gad or Jack Black. Who would you have casted Pottsheads?
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
I keep confusing Josh Gad with Dan Fogler (Jacob Kowalski in "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them"). I don't know why, but I have trouble telling them apart. I thought it was Dan Fogler in "Murder on the Orient Express" and my wife like to slapped me up side the head. "That's Josh Gad!"

They can play the same character, I suppose. So for that reason I hope Josh Gad passes on this franchise.

I'm not sure Jack Black is a good villain. Has he ever done villains? Depp can play all sorts of characters (and he was also in "Murder on the Orient Express"). I kind of like him as Grindelwald but I could see that character being played by a few other people. It's not yet "fixed" in my mind that Depp must be Grindelwald. I think the fact that Colin Farrell played Graves (Grindelwald in disguise) for most of the movie keeps the character flexible in my ideas. And we have already had two Dumbledores so why not multiple Grindelwalds? Three people have played him so far.
For what it is worth, Jack Black played Slip, leader of the bullies, in "The Neverending Story". He has played an assortment of henchmen who were associated with bad guys, or used as faux bad guys, in a few movies. "Shallow Hal" may be his biggest "bad guy" role, although he was redeemed in the end.
Writing about Science Fiction and Fantasy films.
http://www.sf-fandom.com/
For whatever it is worth. Jonnie Depp is a deep actor with a wide range. The fact that he often gets "odd" characters, odd roles, One of my favorite movies is Nine Gates (or however many gates it was). I think that he chooses these, rather than getting auditioning. He also, in an interview, responded to himself being too pretty (now was that "Actor's studio".

With the Harry Potter franchise, I doubt that he will 'look' like Grindelwald. Or, I should say that Grindelwald may not look like Jonnie Depp. After all he could look like anyone.

And Jude Law as Dumbledore ? Well that would be a pre-beard Dumbledore? Jude Law also has a habit of playing with/too his looks. But he is not a chameleon.
Irene

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harry Potter game badlands 2 643 March 14th, 2021, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Harry Potter bar badlands 3 386 February 5th, 2021, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Michael
  HBO Harry Potter reboot badlands 1 299 January 31st, 2021, 12:24 PM
  Harry Potter theories badlands 10 931 November 5th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Last Post: august
  Did Harry Potter die? badlands 3 465 November 5th, 2018, 12:12 PM
  The Hillywood Show Harry Potter parody (video) Michael 4 720 September 17th, 2018, 05:33 PM
  Universal Studios Harry Potter badlands 1 385 September 5th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Harry Potter wedding badlands 2 436 August 29th, 2018, 09:54 AM
  Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Irene 5 895 April 18th, 2018, 12:24 PM
  Potter "Easter Eggs" Mordomin 1 757 July 1st, 2017, 10:24 PM