Nicholas Hoult will star in J.R.R. Tolkien Biopic
We haven't discussed this upcoming project, which has been in the news on and off for the past few months.

DenofGeek has a roundup of the latest details.

IMDB has cast info, too.

Nicholas Hoult will play the young John Ronald Reuel Tolkien. Lily Collins is the young Edith Bratt (his future wife). Edith, as most Tolkien fans learn, was three years his senior and not acceptable to Tolkien's guardian Father Francis Morgan. J.R.R.T. had to wait until he reached his age of majority before he could renew their relationship. By that time Edith was engaged to someone else and he barely persuaded her in time to break off that commitment.

Edith was Tolkien's inspiration for Luthien Tinuviel.

Tom Glynn-Carney has been cast as Tolkien's friend Christopher Wiseman. Wiseman was the only one of Tolkien's closest friends to survive the First World War and it was for him that Christopher Tolkien was named.
It is always cool to know about the life story of authors.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
I trust they will try to convey some insight as to what inspirations (linguistic and life-experience as well as academic) impelled him to develop his mythos and publish tales from it.

I'm now envisioning a historical-fictional "biopic" not really about the actual Primary world J.R.R. Tolkien, but that most enigmatic of his characters, John R. R. Tolkien, eventually Professor, the discoverer and translator of the Red Book of Westmarch, which would include how he acquired it and came to work out how to translate the languages and scripts from the Third Age, against the backdrop of his eventful life and times.
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
Well, this is the synopsis currently available on IMDB.

Quote:J.R.R. Tolkien, a love lorn soldier, draws from an epic life on his return from the Great War to create one of the greatest works of literature in "The Lord of the Rings".

Who knows how accurate that is.

Attached Files Image(s)

August - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christopher Tolkien passed away this morning Michael 3 753 January 25th, 2020, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Mordomin
  Did Tolkien get some of inspiration for his stories from Japanese myths/ fairytales badlands 2 324 July 13th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Tolkien the movie badlands 4 420 July 13th, 2019, 11:28 AM
  The Tolkien Family Distances Itself from the "Tolkien" Biopic Michael 4 409 May 11th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Last Post: GamgeeFest
  J.R.R. Tolkien vs Hilaire Belloc Michael 4 449 April 22nd, 2019, 01:24 PM
Last Post: august
  Legion M is organizing fan events for "Tolkien" the Movie Michael 0 273 April 21st, 2019, 09:41 PM
  Marquette University Interviewing Tolkien Fans for Archive Michael 0 357 March 25th, 2019, 10:29 AM
  Tolkien’s life in South Africa badlands 1 209 January 28th, 2019, 08:02 PM
  Newsweek special about Tolkien badlands 1 223 August 22nd, 2018, 04:34 PM
  Review of traveling Tolkien exhibit Bacchus 0 197 August 18th, 2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Bacchus