Harry Potter theories
Here are some about the Dursleys.
http://www.etonline.com/news/163456_new_..._after_all

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dan...4f1c3a2aee

http://www.businessinsider.com/harry-pot...ory-2016-1

So what do you think about them and other theories?
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
As for the "Harry was a horcruxe" theory, there is a huge logical flaw in it. Harry himself turned out to be a really nice kid. The idea that a horcruxe makes you a bad person doesn't seem to apply to Ginny, either, when she was holding Tom Riddle's diary (except for when he forced her to do horrible things, but I digress).

But J.K. Rowling herself seems to have shot down the theory.
Since most of the Horcruxe that we know about; school copy-book, locket, ring, tea cup, diadem, snake, were made by Tom Riddle, who put part of his soul into them, and perhaps a curse: basically booby trapped them. They were each bad in their own ways.

Putting on the ring poisoned Professor Dumbledore, and could have killed him. Wearing the locket could drive you crazy. Owning the copy-book and writing in it, could make you do things that you didn't remember, etc. There didn't seem to be any curse on the snake - that was just a giant poisonous snake. Doing what it was told.

Harry was the Horcruxe that Lord V never intended to make. He didn't put the additional curse into this, as he didn't intend this to happen.

So my feeling is that the Dursley family was just your plain, "not our kind" type of family, i.e. fairly horrible] If left alone they would have just taught their son to be just as bad. Petunia was also secretly jealous of her sister, but family is family, and they took Harry in when he was orphaned. They just didn't like 'his kind'.

Then at the end we have Dudley thanking Harry. Perhaps there was some good there after all.
Irene
And Dudley thanked Harry while Harry was still carrying a part of Riddle in his scar, so I think that is another nail in the coffin of this theory.
I read somewhere that Harry really is Moaning Myrtle and she is actually Dursley's daughter and she is pretending to be a magical boy.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
Ah no. Where are you getting these theories?

Moaning Myrtle, or the girl Myrtle died when the Chamber was last opened by Tom Riddle. That would be a generation (or more than 7 years) before James Potter was at Hogwarts. Hagrid's classmate.

If Myrtle is Myrtle Dursley, then she is a contemporary of Dudley. Then what happened to the baby Harry Potter? Someone hasn't read the books.
Irene
One of the links (BusinessInsider) mentions the presents that the Dursley's send to Harry as being representative of the Deathly Hallows.
First Year: The Dursleys sent Harry a 50-pence piece
Second Year: The Dursleys sent Harry a toothpick
Fourth Year: The Dursleys sent Harry a single tissue

This is sort of interesting. But I think that this is just J.K.Rowling messing with us. The 'Red Herring' or 'Gun on the wall' theory [I remember Alfred Hitchcock talking about this].
Actually this might be a reverse where, as only the final chapter was kept in a vault, and J.K. wrote the books mostly in order. She used those gifts as her own ideas for what the deathly hallows would be. [Didn't Harry get the cloak in the second book?]
Irene
badlands Wrote:I read somewhere that Harry really is Moaning Myrtle and she is actually Dursley's daughter and she is pretending to be a magical boy.

:lol: Yep, stop reading whatever that is. :bg: :crazy:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Harry got the cloak in the first book. He got the Elder Wand in the last book, and the Resurrection Stone was left to him by Dumbledore (which gift he also received in the last book). I'm not sure a 50-cent piece connects to the Ressurection Stone. How would that work symbolically?
Michael Wrote:I'm not sure a 50-cent piece connects to the Ressurection Stone. How would that work symbolically?

*shrug* small piece of mineral?

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harry Potter game badlands 2 572 March 14th, 2021, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Harry Potter bar badlands 3 345 February 5th, 2021, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Michael
  HBO Harry Potter reboot badlands 1 264 January 31st, 2021, 12:24 PM
  Did Harry Potter die? badlands 3 435 November 5th, 2018, 12:12 PM
Last Post: august
  The Hillywood Show Harry Potter parody (video) Michael 4 689 September 17th, 2018, 05:33 PM
  Universal Studios Harry Potter badlands 1 367 September 5th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Harry Potter wedding badlands 2 406 August 29th, 2018, 09:54 AM
  Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Irene 5 863 April 18th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Last Post: august
  Harry Potter presequel news badlands 7 1,104 December 25th, 2017, 04:22 PM
  Potter "Easter Eggs" Mordomin 1 733 July 1st, 2017, 10:24 PM