Which Asian actors would be great for this live action version of this game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFvtcdo3co0

People have been complaining that Hollywood has been whitewashing roles so maybe it is time for Asian based horror game to get American treatment without whitewashing.

I would suggest two excellent actresses who are not only beautiful but intelligence people.

Zhang Ziyi and Michelle Yeoh.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
I'm familiar with the series, but haven't played any of the Fatal Frame games. At any rate, assuming we're looking for two female actors, Rei Yoshii and Yuu Tejima are two
of my favourites. Although they're both in the mid-30s now, and I'm guessing if they really did make a movie they'd be looking for 20-somethings.

For whatever it's worth, my opinion on the other matter mentioned:
Generally speaking, the whole whitewashing thing is disingenuous at best, and at worst completely ignorant and hypocritical. Scarlett Johansson being cast in Ghost in the Shell
isn't whitewashing, it's a business decision. Anyway, at the end of the day, they made a laughably bad film that didn't find much of an audience. That's what matters, not the
incessant nitpicking and tea leaf reading by know-it-all Millennial blogggers about who was cast as what, and the dire implications it has for our society at large.
Boomstick Wrote:the incessant nitpicking and tea leaf reading by know-it-all Millennial blogggers about who was cast as what, and the dire implications it has for our society at large.

:laugh: :tongue: :jester: :poke: :crazy:

And would any of them by any chance be former Farscape and/or J. J. Abrams fans? :lol:

Boomstick Wrote:the whole whitewashing thing is disingenuous at best, and at worst completely ignorant and hypocritical. Scarlett Johansson being cast in Ghost in the Shell
isn't whitewashing, it's a business decision.

Yep, I agree. What ends up happening is that it's a business decision.... that sometimes results in whitewashing. But obviously Hollywood has no problem with casting
Asian actors if they think they can make a buck. Jackie Chan as Passepartout in the remake of Around the World, for example. Or the other Scarlett film Lucy, where
there were a huge number of Asian bad guys who could have been played by any ethnicity - i.e. the drug set-up story could have been in South America... or the bad guys could have
been Brits or Australians in Hong Kong. The key is, if you get a big star - especially one who looks nice when you wrap her in skin-tight leather - then you get the greenlight for your film with a
9-figure budget. If you attach a talented Asian actress who is unknown in the US, or for that matter a talented Brazilian or Swedish unknown, you probably get a $10-20 million budget, and the offer
of direct-to-El Rey. Wink

BUT... the flipside of that is that as a result, Asian actresses are unable to become big in the US, meaning they don't get the plum roles. Ziyi Zhang (apologies for mangling the transliteration of
her name) was just stunning but for whatever reason I think never really pursued a major career in the US. Bai Ling did, but she can't act. :laugh: Grace Park opted for a guaranteed gig on television,
and Lost's Yunjin Kim opted to do movies back in Korea, and then another US tv series so again they probably would have been in the running for roles like these if they had wanted their careers to go in
that direction. There was a whole group of actresses of Asian heritage in the 90's who were very talented, but again, most opted for tv work - Tamlyn Tomita, Rosalind Chao, Ming-Na Wen, but they're all
in their 50's now, so would be likely to play the moms of mentors of action stars.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
august Wrote::laugh: :tongue: :jester: :poke: :crazy:

And would any of them by any chance be former Farscape and/or J. J. Abrams fans? :lol:
If you mean, me, yeah. :laugh: For all my nitpicking over the years, it's from a fan perspective. The stuff we see now is from the social/political angle. They aren't
fans, I think many are just naive folks who think that reshaping pop-culture to their utopian view will have some impact on our real society.

Quote:BUT... the flipside of that is that as a result, Asian actresses are unable to become big in the US, meaning they don't get the plum roles...
Yes, but that's not Johansson's fault, and certainly not the public. Johansson had a hit, the studio hopes she'll have another. The audience liked her in one thing, so they may
be more willing to check her out in another. Meanwhile, the online blogger says no, it's not short-sighted studio economics, it's a bigoted society. Obviously that doesn't go over
well, and when they get told so, they tend to double down, rather than consider opposing arguments.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for Actors in all the (wrong TV) places Irene 3 388 December 12th, 2021, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Live action version of Anastasia badlands 1 428 November 5th, 2021, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Agaricus
  The late great Augie Murphy, actor and vet badlands 1 374 March 2nd, 2021, 02:15 PM
  Actors that need a comeback badlands 1 451 January 31st, 2021, 12:19 PM
  What good historical roles can you think of for black actors? badlands 2 775 April 18th, 2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: august
  Which actors do you believe were wrongly casts in roles? badlands 2 743 January 13th, 2019, 04:47 PM
  The late great Robin Williams badlands 1 653 January 3rd, 2019, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  Asian actors badlands 1 670 November 22nd, 2018, 12:20 PM
  Child actors badlands 2 718 November 6th, 2018, 10:26 AM
Last Post: august
  What actors would make good Biblical characters? badlands 3 832 April 10th, 2018, 11:32 AM