New Mordomin chapter posted
I have posted the second chapter of the "Dragonstone" story, here.

Thanks to Michael for providing an Elven name for the Dragonstone, as well as the general idea of Mordomin striving against a dragon. He pointed out, to my protest that Mordomin has said, on several occasions, that he has never slain a dragon, that the battle did not have to be combat.

I don't seem to be able to edit the latest chapter into "The Mordomin Gateway" at present, for some reason...?
"Never ask an Elf for advice, for he will say both 'Yes' and 'No'." - Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion
"The Quest for the Stone" ? Wasn't that a 1980's Indiana Jones knock-off starring Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas? :dummy:
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
Alvin Eriol Wrote:"The Quest for the Stone" ? Wasn't that a 1980's Indiana Jones knock-off starring Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas? :dummy:
A nice bit of mis-direction on my part, if I do say so. For while many may be pondering the merits of a B-movie, I have slipped by the 'fact' that a Ringwraith is west of the Great River prior to the commencement of the War of the Ring, in contradiction of what is stated in The Sil.

Or is it?
"Never ask an Elf for advice, for he will say both 'Yes' and 'No'." - Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion
I did indeed note that what appears to be the Witch-King himself seems to have come forth 'prematurely' for some reason, although I presume its presence outside Mordor, Minas Morgul, or Dol Guldur never became generally known. I had myself posited that the Ringwraiths might have snuck around on special missions prior to their official "coming forth" at the forcing of the passage of Osgiliath despite Boromir and Faramir.

Mordomin might try checking with Stannis Baratheon, as last I heard he is the master of Dragonstone!
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
It was not the Witch-king himself. Mordomin would have recognized him (despite any change of clothes), having met him 1500 years earlier at Amon Sul in "The King's Champion". In an early draft, I had the Ringwraith name itself as "Gothmog", but I decided there was no reason for it to give its name.

And, technically at least, the Ringwraith Whosis did not cross the Great River, since Mount Gundabad is north of the headwaters of Anduin.

I haven't seen the latest season of GoT, but I understand that Stannis no longer holds Dragonstone. Should I have called "Spoiler Alert" before saying that? LOL!
Hokay, so this was a Ringwraith who was once a king (I believe LotR stated they all once had been), but not the Nazgul Lord / Witch-king? This one was clearly a king and evidently speaks perfectly good Westron, or perhaps Sindarin or Adunaic. I think it was Kamul the Easterling who was ID'd as the one questioning folks with lots of hissing and a funny accent. Of course all the Ringwraiths should have had funny accents as they would have spoken either Adunaic or some "alien" Eastern or Southron tongue back in their day over four millenia earlier. Four millennia ago in the Primary World, no recognizable ancestor tongue of English even existed, so far as is known.

I guess you were thinking "Gothmog" because this one might have been the mysterious personage who took command at the siege of Minas Tirith, after the Nazgul Lord was taken down by a girl and a hobbit.

Spoiler?:

At the end of A Dance with Dragons, the last book of ASoI&F GRR Martin has published so far, Stannis had left Dragonstone to take on the Boltons, Ironmen, wildlings, and whatever the heck it is invading out of the North with the coming of Winter. I don't think he had abandoned or yielded Dragonstone as of that point.
Well, for all we know, it might once have been Ugrudakhor of Umbar! Wink
Alvin Eriol Wrote:Well, for all we know, it might once have been Ugrudakhor of Umbar! Wink
That is certainly possible. One might then ask the follow-up question: did Mordomin ever meet Ugrudakhor during his journeys to Umbar? Particularly during the time between Sauron taking up the One Ring and the end of the Second Age, when Mordomin was in thrall of Sauron and seeking the 13 Lesser Rings, he passed through Umbar at least once and may have met a Man who later received a Ring from Sauron.

Would Mordomin recognize such a Man-become-wraith 3,000+ years later?

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A New/Old Mordomin story Mordomin 4 396 June 21st, 2020, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Michael
  New Introduction to Mordomin stories Mordomin 1 404 October 12th, 2019, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Mordomin
  A new Mordomin story... Mordomin 1 270 August 22nd, 2018, 04:34 AM
  New Mordomin story "Destroyer of Dragons" now posted Mordomin 0 349 February 20th, 2018, 08:51 AM
  Forth the Mordomin-ingas! Mordomin 0 247 September 17th, 2017, 08:55 AM
  A New Mordomin story comes to SF Fandom Mordomin 0 219 April 22nd, 2017, 11:50 AM
  A new Mordomin story Mordomin 1 310 July 3rd, 2016, 12:56 AM
  Mordomin versus the Bionic Man Mordomin 7 643 May 28th, 2016, 12:18 AM
  New Mordomin story Mordomin 3 328 March 20th, 2016, 08:47 PM
  My Dragon*Con 2015 Schedule Has Been Posted on Xenite Michael 0 318 August 31st, 2015, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Michael