What's with the formatting issues on the forum?
I've noticed for a while now that when you're writing a post, you can write indefinitely on a line in the text box. As I recall, it used to automatically jump
down the the next line when you reached the edge of the box. The result is that the formatting for posts is often all messed up, as you can't really get an
exactly uniform block of text when there's no "enforced" edge, so to speak.

Any idea what's causing this?
Yep, I've been wondering that myself - and you can see all kinds of crazy line spacing in my posts in recent months. :poke:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I've only been posting here for a few years now, but it seems to have always been that way since I started. So, if something is broken, it broke quite a while ago, at least for me.
It's been this way for a few years now for me. I don't post much anymore, so I didn't think much of it. Oddly enough, posting here via my iPad -which I'm doing now- the text box is "locked," and the formatting is automatically taken care of. As it used to be when I posted via my PC.
Probably has been a couple of years now....
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
august Wrote:Probably has been a couple of years now....
Years...months...close enough, right? :bg:
It's a configuration issue that I have never had time to pin down. I will take another stab at it this week but I can't promise much.
I've noticed it too. For my longer posts such as fanfics, I generally compose initially in MS Word anyway.(Copy-and-paste still leaves me in awe how well it works with all sorts of disparate applications!)
It's awkward having to scroll sideways just to see the ends of my own sentences.
It seems to me I 1st noticed the issue after that last overhaul of the board in 2013. I looked around for some setting that might clear it up, to no avail. It's as if it was set not to "word-wrap" in the text editing controls.
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
Sorry for the long silence. I don't preformat or prewrite my messages. I probably should but I don't. I still see the lack of wrapping sometimes. But right now I am using Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome and I don't have the problem. I don't know if it's browser related.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW FORUM ISSUES (post here) MAY 27, 2019 Michael 9 1,254 December 22nd, 2020, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Michael
  March 2019 Status Update on Future Forum Move Michael 0 455 March 24th, 2019, 06:56 PM
  Disney channel or vacation forum badlands 0 508 May 9th, 2017, 07:37 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Shouldn't we have a horror forum? badlands 1 677 December 15th, 2014, 05:16 PM
  Forum Design Set to Default Template BoardAdmin 0 845 October 28th, 2014, 11:30 PM
Last Post: BoardAdmin
  Server Performance Issues Michael 0 574 September 25th, 2014, 01:37 AM
  Forum Design Plans and Intentions Michael 0 538 August 28th, 2014, 02:40 PM
  Unscheduled Forum Maintenance 2014-01-25 BoardAdmin 0 677 January 25th, 2014, 09:03 PM
  Note on the forum errors Michael 3 973 December 14th, 2013, 07:54 AM
  Forum downtime BoardAdmin 1 755 September 7th, 2012, 04:42 AM