Michael's Review of "Alien: Covenant"
I wrote a much longer review of this movie on A1 Movie Reviews. I felt this movie was a waste of time.

I am not a fan of the "Alien" movies unless they are fighting Predators. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

I did see "Prometheus" and while I could certainly find a lot to complain about in that movie it at least had the Engineers. "Alien: Covenant" wastes a great opportunity for a philosophical confrontation between humanity and their creators and instead opts to explore the other side of that coin, with the usual predictable evil twist.

To say there is nothing original in "Alien: Covenant" is to waste too much energy on the film. You could have taken any bad horror movie plot and filled it in with these characters.
I'm a huge Alien fan, and I hated Prometheus, with Covenant a close second. Neil Blomkamp's concept was great and I read Sigourney Weaver's comments on the script. She loved it and both she and Michael Biehn were slated to appear, as it was a direct sequel to Aliens as if Alien 3 ceased to exist. The reaction he got after posting his concept art was huge, and clearly Ridley Scott panicked as he then asked Blomkamp to delay his movie until Scott came up with his sequel to Covenant. Covenant was made to try and deliver what Scott thought would win his Alien crown back. Now there are interviews where Ridley Scott is saying Blomkamp's movie won't happen and he's also claiming there was never a script. Maybe Sigourney Weaver was reading a Weeties box then? In doing this, Ridley Scott is proving himself to be a liar, and a selfish old man. So he's lost a lot of fans.
"...in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever..."

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michael's Take on "Iron Sky: The Coming Race" Michael 0 331 March 19th, 2022, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: History Buffs 2016 Review of 'Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World' Michael 2 1,097 June 21st, 2020, 10:35 AM
  Michael's Thoughts on 'The Monkey King: Havoc in Heaven's Palace' Michael 0 1,088 March 24th, 2020, 07:03 PM
  Michael's Review of "Muder on the Orient Express" (2017) Michael 1 854 November 24th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Transformers: The Last Knight - Michael's Review Michael 0 448 June 25th, 2017, 10:44 PM
  Where is the Cars3 review? badlands 2 497 June 21st, 2017, 05:42 AM
  Michael's Review of "Passengers" Michael 0 445 December 25th, 2016, 09:40 PM
  Singer George Michael has died Michael 0 428 December 25th, 2016, 09:20 PM
  Michael's Review of "Independence Day: Resurgence" Michael 0 732 June 26th, 2016, 07:54 PM
  "Hail, Caesar!" - Michael's Review Michael 2 588 February 28th, 2016, 12:32 PM