My biggest score yet!
OK - I just have to brag on this one.

Way back in 1977 & 78 one of my favorite artists Rodney Matthews did a series of eight "Witch World" paintings for the UK publisher Tandem / Universal. Five of these paintings were released on paperbacks and for some reason the other three never were released. The 3 not released were "Sorceress of the Witch World", "Warlock of the Witch World" & "Year of the Unicorn". You can see all of them on my website @ http://andre-norton-books.com/index.php/...ews-rodney

Anyways - I just received signed posters of the original paintings for "Witch World", "Web of the Witch World" & "Year of the Unicorn" - They are 20" x 28" and boy are they beautiful. (the internet, or at least most computer monitors don't do them justice.)

Now - Why are they my biggest score yet? They didn't cost me a dime. They were gifted to me by Rodney Matthews himself. Which just moved him to the top of my list of favorite artist. You can see a lot of his other work at https://www.rodneymatthewsstudios.com/

Now I have to figure out what pictures I'm going to take down in my house so I can display these - that will be no easy task for I have lived here 18 years and most of my walls are full.

Note - the size in inches listed on both his Etsy website and his new Studio site are incorrect. The metric dimensions are correct but not the "standard" ones.
"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
Andre Norton's website - andre-norton.com
Nice stuff! (Very nice of him...)
I'm glad you were able to attain those posters.

My only 'free' item was a dust jacket for BLACK TRILLIUM, a proof copy without the text on the flap

I only spent $100 to have it framed. [silly me, I wanted the dust jacket to float above the matting.]

I have the Mary Hansen Roberts Witch World posters - safely in archival folder. No wall space left.
Irene

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Score! Jerrie 19 1,206 January 19th, 2018, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Irene