Acceptable to discuss anime conventions?
I hope so because I'm trying to meet up with people at some of the conventions I'm attending this year. I'm currently registered for ShutoCon, Anime St. Louis (need a hotel buddy for this one), and Tokyo In Tulsa. I'm specifically looking to meet up with Star Ocean fans.

I know. I've been super quiet since joining. :ashamed: Real life has gotten in the way. That and writing.

Anyway, if anyone is attending any of these conventions (need to get registered for Otakon and YoumaCon), please drop me a line!
Confusedhades:
ShotoCon is close to me, but there isn't too much to interest me as far as guests go. I mostly like classic anime, and have a hard time getting into the newer stuff.
We can discuss any convention, that falls within our policy that makes this site safe for younger readers (and myself - the over 60 crowd), and free from 'flames'.

Anime conventions do fall within those parameters.
Irene
Well, I am a big fan of Konosuba and if anyone hears some interesting stuff about the show at an anime convention, do please share something here.
Boomstick Wrote:ShotoCon is close to me, but there isn't too much to interest me as far as guests go. I mostly like classic anime, and have a hard time getting into the newer stuff.

The only guest there that interests me is Ian Sinclair. Shuto has some writing panels that I'm interested in attending, but otherwise this is for me to debut my Fayt Leingod, Captain of the Dragon Bridgade cosplay (incomplete as it is) and to promote my publications. Of the newer animes, I like Hetalia. Otherwise, I'm more into some of the "older" animes like Inuyasha and Saiyuki. But my current love is Star Ocean. ^_^
Confusedhades:
Michael Wrote:Well, I am a big fan of Konosuba and if anyone hears some interesting stuff about the show at an anime convention, do please share something here.

I can see what I can find out at Shuto, but their theme this year is Magical Girls, which is really cool. I don't know much about Konosuba. What exactly are you interested in knowing about?
Confusedhades:
I love animes especially the movies from Studio Ghibli, not to be mistaken for the dwarf Gimli.
https://filmschoolrejects.com/the-movies....qdsfquq5p
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
EliseKRasha Wrote:The only guest there that interests me is Ian Sinclair. Shuto has some writing panels that I'm interested in attending, but otherwise this is for me to debut my Fayt Leingod, Captain of the Dragon Bridgade cosplay (incomplete as it is) and to promote my publications. Of the newer animes, I like Hetalia. Otherwise, I'm more into some of the "older" animes like Inuyasha and Saiyuki. But my current love is Star Ocean. ^_^

I've been wanting to give Inuyasha a try, but it ran forever, and the high episode count is scaring me off! I think there were some movie editions, too. Maybe I'll start with those, and dive into the show if I like them.

How was the con? I see it was this weekend.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anime Detour 2018, Minneapolis JimDiGriz 2 502 February 3rd, 2018, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Comic con conventions with Sean Aston aka Sam From LOTR badlands 0 175 April 5th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Are the political conventions becoming too much like sci fi circuses? badlands 9 467 July 29th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Irene
  Science-fiction and fantasy conventions in Tulsa? EliseKRasha 5 377 July 11th, 2016, 07:04 PM
Last Post: EliseKRasha
  No conventions on toy companies like Hasbro or Mattle or Lego badlands 8 483 June 26th, 2016, 07:13 PM
  No Christian science fiction or Fantasy conventions badlands 1 327 October 24th, 2015, 11:55 AM