What about this cartoon series as Superhero movie?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076983/
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
They did a live action movie in Japan a few years ago, called " Gatchaman." I still have not seen it, but it didn't make much of a splash. It's based on the original Japanese cartoon, Gatchaman, and not the US series, Battle of the Planets. I've never seen Battle of the Planets, so I don't know how much it was edited, from a story point of view. I know sometimes the companies that imported the shows changed things completely, even splicing two series together to create a new one.
I watched a lot of Battle of the Planets back in those days, but only heard about Gatchaman recently (in a Finnish movie of all places). I did some googling about it and there is a fair bit of stuff about the differences out there. All that stuff with 7 Zark 7 was added to replace scenes that were deemed too violent for North American children (e.g. garroting or decapitation by the G-Force team). The dialogue was also altered to tone down some of the stories. I don't think they went as far as splicing different episodes together. Last I checked, the North American Gatchaman release was pretty expensive, so I have never watched it.
Yeah, the latest re-release box set has all the episodes and the mini-series from the 90s, so it's kind of pricey (the original series has just over 100 episodes). The second series, Gatchaman II, is getting a release this year.

The only show that I know of that was spliced together was called (I think) Captain Harlock and the Queen of a Thousand Years. It was edited together from two shows, Space Pirate Captain Harlock, and Queen Millennia.
The original animated Spiderman series was famous for reusing scenes from past episodes. I think they even went as far as reusing most of a Rocket Robin episode, as well. But that's the first I've heard of a show completely made up of two others. Interesting!
rkomar Wrote:The original animated Spiderman series was famous for reusing scenes from past episodes. I think they even went as far as reusing most of a Rocket Robin episode, as well. But that's the first I've heard of a show completely made up of two others. Interesting!

Reusing "stock" footage from a show to cut costs isn't that uncommon. In fact, if you watch any Filmation cartoon you'll see that a lot. Even in live action, didn't the original Battlestar Galactica pretty much use the same footage of the Viper/Cylon dogfights for the entire series?
I think an awful lot of old films, especially b-movies, re-used stock footage from earlier films. If I recall correctly, that was one of Ed Wood's inspirations, when he realized he could insert random
footage into his low-budget films, and pretend it was part of the story, like underwater footage of an octopus somehow turning up in a swamp in Bride of the Monster, recreated in this great scene
from the Tim Burton film Ed Wood:

stock footage From YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

And of course the production company The Asylum does that all the time - I recall there was a dinosaur (a Carcharodontosaurus actually) running amuck first in prehistoric times and then in
modern LA in 100 Million BC, and in between brief cgi shots, they'd insert these panoramic sweeping overhead shots of rain forests and then modern LA skyscrapers seen from above at night - which I'm sure were just outtakes from Nat. Geo specials. :laugh:

You can see some of that in the opening credits:

100 Million BC stock footage From YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Boomstick Wrote:Reusing "stock" footage from a show to cut costs isn't that uncommon. In fact, if you watch any Filmation cartoon you'll see that a lot. Even in live action, didn't the original Battlestar Galactica pretty much use the same footage of the Viper/Cylon dogfights for the entire series?

Yes, they certainly did, that was part of that show's downfall...

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DarkTyme - Sci Fi / Superhero Web Series vertpurple 1 210 November 17th, 2021, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Animated Mario movie with Chris Pratt badlands 1 192 October 6th, 2021, 11:02 AM
  Miss Marvel show and movie badlands 2 388 October 14th, 2020, 07:00 PM
  Live action movie based on Disney Kingdom Hearts badlands 1 697 September 28th, 2019, 05:36 PM
  Iron Man and Doctor Strange cartoon series badlands 1 432 January 12th, 2019, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Aquaman Movie Poster now making the rounds - What do you think? Michael 2 463 July 19th, 2018, 05:58 PM
  G.I. Joe: Snake eyes the movie badlands 1 492 May 16th, 2018, 06:33 PM
  Ninja superhero badlands 12 987 March 26th, 2018, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Zoom (2006 Tim Allen superhero film) august 9 4,772 February 24th, 2018, 06:49 PM
Last Post: august
  Ninja LEGO movie badlands 0 456 February 8th, 2018, 08:39 PM
Last Post: badlands