What fantasy books or science fiction book do you want to see on film?
i would like to see the Hollow Kingdom series by Claire Durkie.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony, Nine Princes in Amber, Doorways in the Sand, My Name is Legion, and This Immortal by Roger Zelazny, Tunnel in the Sky and The Moon is
a Harsh Mistress
by Robert Heinlein. Also Hunters of the Red Moon by Marion Zimmer Bradley, although while unintentionally I assume, the film Predators is virtually the same plot. Also Agent of Chaos by Norman
Spinrad, and the novella Time Considered as a Helix of Semi-Precious Stones by Samuel R. Delany.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I would still like to see someone do The Chessmen of Mars right. That was, in my opinion, the best of all of Edgar Rice Burroughs' Martian novels.
I still really want to see Dune and it's sequels done well.

And I really want to see a book called <i>Dead Girls</i> by Richard Calder animated.

Lots of others...
Ringworld. The whole series.
Gene Wolfe's "New Sun" series, and Fifth Head of Cerberus.

Stephen R. Donaldson's "Thomas Covenant" cycle, also Gap and Mordant's Need

C. S. Lewis' "Space Trilogy"

Jack Vance's "Tales of the Dying Earth"

Speaking of Niven, maybe something from his State/ramship universe like A World Out Of Time, or the "Smoke Ring" cycle.

Funny nobody seems to have considered Norton's Witch World cycle for a series.

Then,of course, there's Tolkien's Silmarillion and Akallabêth!
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
Andre Norton's books have been considered for a series. I'm not sure if any of these got past the "planned" state.
If you are interested, you can post to the Andre Norton forum, where there are a few people associated with her estate.
Irene
I know she wanted nothing to do with it, but there was the Beastmaster TV show (loosely based on the movies, which were loosely inspired by the books).
Agreed about Beastmaster movies & TV. Norton fought to get her name in the credits, and then found that the only resemblance to her books were the animals, and even these were approximate.

But I believe that TV has been interested in Witch World.....
Of course, I believe that TV/Movie studios were interested in the Anne McCaffrey Dragon Riders - up to creating a dragon for the characters to ride (something like the $50 ride the horse outside of a store front).
Irene
A proper adaptation of T.H. White's Once and Future King, and neither the horrid Disneyfication of the animated Sword in the Stone, nor the maudlin Broadway version Camelot. Such a splendid fantasy but never a decent film presentation.
Yup. but with T. H. White, the story had already existed in fable form. So I doubt that either Disney, nor the stage show needed to pay royalties.
Irene
On the contrary, both Disney and the producers of Camelot both noted in the credits that their works were based on T.H. White's novel(s). Disney actually purchased the film rights to White's story in 1939; unfortunately, it took Disney over 2 decades to produce something.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star gating books, movies, and authors Michael 3 138 May 17th, 2022, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Books about The Apocalypse badlands 1 144 February 23rd, 2022, 10:09 PM
  I'm looking for a sci-fi book title Flo06060606 2 528 November 23rd, 2021, 06:05 PM
Last Post: scifilover11
  What Book is This? Snaggletooth 6 773 December 9th, 2020, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Irene
  Stephen King books badlands 10 1,328 November 8th, 2020, 10:56 PM
Last Post: namesarehard
  Any good horror books you read lately badlands 0 597 August 13th, 2020, 12:54 AM
Last Post: badlands
  Looking for a book at least 20 years old Greybeard1 5 1,313 July 3rd, 2020, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Irene
  Your favorite Halloween Fantasy and Science Fiction books that badlands 0 955 August 22nd, 2019, 03:31 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Two Invisible man books? badlands 6 723 March 6th, 2019, 03:04 PM
  Paul William Anderson’s book: Inside Earth badlands 1 616 August 10th, 2018, 10:47 PM