So Netflix has a Tarzan and Jane series
I don't have Netflix so I haven't watched it. Anyone else got it? I've been thinking about signing up for Netflix since I upgraded my Comcast service. Their Xfinity service integrates with Netflix (supposedly).

It does not look like a traditional take on the Tarzan and Jane story, however.

"Saved from a plane crash and given supernatural powers, teen Tarzan joins forces with brave city girl Jane to protect his jungle home from threats."
I wasn't aware of it. It hasn't popped up in any of my feeds, and I'm pretty sure I scrolled through all the new realeases last weekend. I'll have to run a search for it.
Apparently it's animated and aimed at a kids market. It has a bunch of voice actors that I bet Boomstick is familiar with.

Attached Files Image(s)

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I have heard a few of those names, but I'm not sure from where, exactly. Given the synopsis I read at Netflix, and the style of the character design, I expect the series is almost exclusively aimed at children, so I probably won't give it a try.
The stage musical version of the original Disney animated film is also aimed at children, but more for "a family audience" meaning that adults aren't bored by it, and the Phil Coillins
score is pretty.

This was a preview of the production here a few years ago:

Tarzan From YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

(Ignore the "reporter," who is the director of the local ballet, and was handsome 30 years ago, but plastic surgery has turned him into Heath Ledger as the Joker. :laugh: ) I did a review of the show here, and described the way they create the ape characters like this:

Quote:The ensemble, including many children, portray apes and other jungle denizens, and are costumed with only the suggestion of animal features: multicolored streamers of fabric hint at
fur, while exotic makeup usually found at a rave gives an indication of a nonhuman face. Most of the gorillas look like cavemen playing backup for David Bowie during the Ziggy Stardust era, with
subtle and occasional chest-beating or knuckle-dragging. Graceful dancers in beautifully patterned leotards represent other animals.

Interestingly, unknown to me, that of all things one was one the reviews that my editor submitted to the SC Press Association, and I ended up winning a big award for it. :question:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
august Wrote:(Ignore the "reporter," who is the director of the local ballet, and was handsome 30 years ago, but plastic surgery has turned him into Heath Ledger as the Joker. :laugh: )

Ouch! No kidding.

Quote:Interestingly, unknown to me, that of all things one was one the reviews that my editor submitted to the SC Press Association, and I ended up winning a big award for it. :question:

Nice job!

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Like too see Tarzan in space! hour_25mikehodel 1 321 March 30th, 2022, 12:22 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Tarzan books racist and sexist? badlands 8 831 February 23rd, 2022, 09:46 PM
  John Carter of Mars Series for Disney Plus Michael 2 706 October 13th, 2021, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Favorite Tarzan book or movie badlands 7 1,122 September 1st, 2018, 06:47 PM
Last Post: august
  The Legend of Tarzan's Origin ... Was a Hoax Michael 2 1,102 April 16th, 2018, 09:59 PM
  The Legend of Tarzan Boomstick 22 1,836 April 23rd, 2017, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Disney's "Frozen" is now connected to "Tarzan" Michael 3 755 January 14th, 2017, 01:16 PM
  Tarzan's (movie) yell Agaricus 7 1,219 August 2nd, 2016, 03:05 AM
Last Post: rkomar
  Dynamite to publish John Carter and Tarzan comics FilmGuy 0 842 May 29th, 2014, 02:09 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Video: Fan film for "Tarzan of the Apes" FilmGuy 1 1,182 January 21st, 2014, 03:06 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy