War on Christmas
Is there any proof of this?
I guess that depends on what you are referring to. There have been philosophical objections to the celebration of Christmas almost since the Catholic Church first established the festival.

A modern debate rages around how much public lands and institutions should be used for Christmas decorations by cities, counties, and states. Some people feel these decorations violate the principle of the separation of church and state, although in my opinion that is ridiculous, especially as public places are used to observe other religious holidays. The standards of the local community should be used to determine if the tax payers can or should foot the bill for such decorations.

The principle was established in the First Amendment to the US constitution, where it is written: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof".

The amendment forbids Congress from raising one religion above others. It was never intended to be a statement against religion, nor a prohibition against the use of public resources by local communities for observing days that were important to their people. Such interpretations are overbroad and burdensome, in my opinion.
Many don't realize that a major motivation of the Establishment Clause was to prevent interference with official churches set up by several of the States. Modern jurisprudence via the 14th Amendment holds that the States are also constrained by the Establishment Clause, and I find that a reasonable extension. The more radical position espoused by groups like the Freedom From Religion Foundation (which is very active in threatening and filing litigation against municipalities and schools over things like voluntary prayer or decorations acknowledging religion on public property), however, strikes me as falling just as afoul of the Establishment Clause as would an official State church. They are essentially demanding that everyone conform to their personal belief in the public square.
Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and grows again.

I don't have any humble opinions.
Yep, and one of the biggest problems is determining at what point a religious observance becomes an integral part of a culture. For example, we observe the month of March without
declaring our devotion to Mars the god of war, just as we routinely refer to the planet also named after him. We similarly say that today is Wednesday without swearing allegiance to Wotan.
Holly, mistletoe, evergreen trees and plants and gift-giving around the solstice... all of this is appropriate festivity for a city hall, without the city declaring itself pagan or Wiccan. And few people
get angry over observances of distinctly Christian holidays like Mardi Gras, Cinco de Mayo, St. Patrick's Day, or Hallowe'en. Just as very very few Christians complain about widespread observances of
Hanukkah or Passover. At a certain point, one school of thought is that many of the early settlers of America did indeed follow a religion that venerated symbols like the nativity and the cross, and
so we should commemorate that belief out of respect for our predecessors, whether or not we ourselves believe it. In the same way that modern Romans still use plenty of imagery involving wolves,
even they no longer worship them.

All of that said, approximately 99% (my own estimate) of the people who complain about saying "happy holidays" or writing "Xmas" as being a war on Christmas just betray their own lack of
education, and ignorance of the existence of multiple "holy days" around Christmas - such as Advent and Epiphany - and "X" being a nearly 2000-year-old abbreviation for Christ.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !

MYCode Guide