TIME TRADER novels
I was traveling Thanksgiving holiday, and had the books that were on my Nook.

I started re-re-re-re-reading the TIME TRADER novels.

I had just reached the point were Ross was Rossa of the Beaker People.

Now I'm reading the book I bought when I was 'forced' to take a rest stop at the Barnes & Nobel that is about half way home.

But soon back to the Time Traders.
Irene
It was too long ago to be sure, but those were probably the books that first hooked me on Andre Norton. I also re-read them many times, but not in the last 10 years. Too bad my to-be-read pile of new books is so huge, because it would be nice to get back to that series again.
Yes.

I also have a pile of to-be-read books that has exceeded the shelf space next to the comfy chair, and some are still in the bag from World Fantasy.

I had been slowly reading down the pile, but bogged down on a couple of them. Sadly depressing.
I found that I've stalled reading two of them, and an anthology seems to be about death-loss-sadness.

Luckily the book I was forced to purchase on Black Friday is a WAY more upbeat Bruce Coville book.

I may move the "stalled" and "sad" books to the "I'm done with these" pile, to be donated at the next convention.
Then back to TIME TRADERS.
Irene
Which Bruce Coville book is it? I'm always finding unexpected titles by him at library book sales.

Jerrie
Bruce Coville's CURSED - retitled of DIARY OF A MAD BROWNIE -
and HATCHED about a Griffin

Sadly the Barnes & Noble near Danbury CT is just about half way from Mom's to My house. [Over the river and through the woods. Yup. Yup. Yup.]
It is a perfect place for a comfort stop. As traditional: The walk out of the store forces you past all of the books.

Tonight, I might attempt the two-three books that I've gotten stuck on, and move them to the to-be-donated pile.
OR I really need to finish that sewing project.
Irene
After far too long on paperbackswap, I didn't find those, but did find several others by him I didn't have, mostly collections. I've put the ones you bought on hold at the local library. Will I get to them before you do?

Tee hee hee.

Jerrie
Too late. I finished the first of them yesterday, and the other the evening before. These are Junior books, after all. written for 10 year olds - with lots of neat, letters (to the parents of, to the day care center) as well as the diary entries, poems, art work & photographs. The best part are the letters to and from Bruce to the Brownie, where that Bruce guy is ghost writing a book for the Brownie.
Irene
Too late. .
Irene
I finished the first book in the series.

It is amazing how well the story holds up, [with the single non-science "time travel"].

The ideas of "sub", "helicopter", and "ray-guns" all hold up, and the flipping of random switches, still works in our 21st century mind view. And space ships, are still space ships with mysterious emergency escape pods, and pink gel.

The enemy being the "reds" still works, though the cold war isn't quite as icy as this would have it. [Pun intended - sorry.]

My only memory hiccup is that pink gel. Weren't Travis Fox and someone else tasting stuff in the hold of a ship? As long as that someone wasn't Ross, I'll need to keep reading.
Irene
I re-read The Time Traders (Baen ebook) over the weekend. Although it was written in 1958, I was struck by the accuracy of some of the predictions about space travel in our time. However, looking at some older version, I see that Baen modified the text to make it more accurate. Sigh.
rkomar Wrote:However, looking at some older version, I see that Baen modified the text to make it more accurate. Sigh.
That's so wrong... Sad
Oh (deep sigh). I think my ebook copy is the Baen collection. Now I need to stop reading the ebook, and pull the original off of the shelf.

I had gotten to the place, in book 2, where Travis Fox (apache and anthropologist) has joined the expedition traveling by foot across the plains.
Irene

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well! - It's About Time Someone Did This! Lots-A-Watts 2 852 April 2nd, 2021, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts
  Operation Time Search - Discussion Lots-A-Watts 5 1,695 December 18th, 2019, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Wraiths of Time - discussion Lots-A-Watts 1 1,264 November 5th, 2019, 02:24 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Time to organize Irene 9 1,201 May 27th, 2019, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Key Out Of Time discussion Jerrie 0 499 November 16th, 2018, 01:20 AM
Last Post: Jerrie
  Time Traders discussion Jerrie 0 509 October 3rd, 2018, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Jerrie
  Crossroads of Time Discussion Marron4Gateau 0 436 August 6th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Marron4Gateau
  Norton novels in HumbleBundle! Jerrie 2 730 July 26th, 2018, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Marron4Gateau
  Trivia time Paul Goode 11 1,139 March 24th, 2017, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  First Three Witch World Novels available as digital media. Lots-A-Watts 20 1,743 June 8th, 2016, 07:59 AM
Last Post: jmelsna