Xena faces off against Callisto...behind the bar!
My two adorable young friends, Kaylin and Mo (for Maureen) dressed up for Halloween last night. Xena fandom is alive and well and flourishing, as Mo would have been perhaps three when XWP debuted,
and Kaylin (who made both costumes) would have been a newborn infant. :laugh:

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=407&d=1477852693]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=408&d=1477852699]

Attached Files Image(s)

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Looks great! Did most of their customers know who they were dressed up as?
That's a good question - this was Saturday night, with people simultaneously celebrating Halloween and also watching football games on tv, so I couldn't really tell.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Absolutely worthy of a seasonal bump.....
Just out of curiosity, does anyone recall if the Xena costume is based on the original armor or the later armor?
When you say "original," how do you mean? The armor that was in Hercules? If so, then no - Kaylin had just finished binge-watching XWP, and so based the costumes on
1st-3rd season Xena, as seen in the photo of Lucy and Hudson. Smile
Yeah, I meant the Hercules armor. I remember there was a time when old fan discussions distinguished between the armor styles for some reason.
Well, they were fairly different. For the series, she didn't have any flowing capes or anything - it was just a utilitarian mini-skirt, and the metal breastplate was more solid - I think
the Hercules armor had some pretty intricate metalwork, which was attractive, but probably could get snagged on lots of stuff in battle.
Absolutely worthy of another look....
Too late for Halloween, but agreed none the less! :bg:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone know the words to the Xena burial song? xenagabby888 25 28,524 October 6th, 2021, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Videos: Lucy Lawless interviews about Xena: Warrior Princess Michael 0 153 April 7th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Big Grin Happy 25th Anniversary Xena ! august 4 546 November 12th, 2020, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Xena stars on the shows 20th anniversary Boomstick 1 567 September 4th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Last Post: august
  22 years of Xena Warrior Princess :O august 6 703 September 18th, 2017, 10:33 AM
  NBC-Universal is serious about a Xena reboot ... or are they? august 34 2,284 August 22nd, 2017, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Little Xena + Gabby on Halloween! august 3 2,043 October 29th, 2016, 12:57 PM
  Xena opening credits - Lego style! august 4 577 October 9th, 2016, 04:57 PM
  Shatner to produce a documentary about Xena fans? august 3 763 October 23rd, 2012, 01:02 AM
  17th annual (and final?) Xena convention - Jan. 27-29, 2012 august 6 1,911 November 2nd, 2011, 03:00 AM